Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Posting Guru

blue beast has a good reputation on FTE.blue beast has a good reputation on FTE.
CO2 intake air cooling!

Has anybody else heard of these they have a bulb that goes in the intake and co2 gets blasted through it. It cools down the intake air then you can route the line to blast the co2 to the radiator to cool it down! I wonder if they work or are they junk?

Before posting fuel related problems Run a couple of bottles of dedicated gas line dryer through IT!!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:33 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
don't know whether it would work or not, but i bet it would be VERY EXPENSIVE to keep operating

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Posting Guru

blue beast has a good reputation on FTE.blue beast has a good reputation on FTE.
Co2 is not too expensive. I think you blast it and the bulb stays cool for awhile! I don't think its a constant flow.http://www.tunerschoice.com/xq/aspx/...qx/Product.htm
They also have intercooler spraybars for you forced induction guys!

Before posting fuel related problems Run a couple of bottles of dedicated gas line dryer through IT!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
The link you gave is just to the intake adapter. Its another $370 for the tank and installation parts.

For forced induction its much better to use one of the systems which uses the A/C system to cool the intercooler fluid. Works really well -- brings the water temps down to about 45 degrees and you never have to buy bottles. I'm sure something similar could be rigged for a non-forced engine.

Frankly though it seems like a lot to spend for the gains.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Posting Guru

Yeah I figured it probably isn't too much of a gain. But I got a big bottle of co2 I am looking for something to do with. I am probably just going to make into a tire, air tool power source.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Freshman User

pulse98 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Make sure the CO2 doesn't get into your motor! You'll just be displacing O2, haha...less power.

There is nothing wrong in using CO2, I guess it must be cheaper than buying NO2.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air

Tags
air, autos, bronco, co2, cooling, diesel, f150, intake, intakes, system, systems, trucks