underdrive pulley and spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 12:45 AM
trackguy24
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after looking at many catalogs and ther resources, i have come to believe that underdrive pulleys supposedly do something. My dad believes otherwise, and i dont know who i believe. I was wondering if it is really worth the 90 bucks to get one... Also my friend said that new (high-tech) sparkplugs help too, but i don;t know about that on either

Old 05-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Falcon1
Freshman User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 14-May-02 AT 02:38 AM (EST)]I have been looking at the underdrive pulleys also, and I'm skeptical in believing that they will do much with the 4.2. If anyone has them or knows about them let me know, my guess is that they won't do a whole lot. As for different spark plugs I haven't tried any yet, from experience I know that they don't make a huge difference. As for the spark plug wires, I have Taylor's 8mm High Performance wires. They help with spark timing and add about 5hp and 5 ft/lb of torque, which is pretty much unnoticable with a 4,700lb truck. But you can't expect any miracles, they are just spark plug wires. If you plan on getting them, I can speak from experience, that Taylor's are a pain in the *** to install.

'99 4.2L F-150
-many mods.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:28 AM
shoman32
New User
Post underdrive pulley and spark plugs