1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anyone getting work done 8/25-26

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone getting work done 8/25-26

Just curious if anyone is getting anything done this weekend.

Saturday is dialysis for me so Sunday is my only day to get anything done.

I did change the transmission gear lube this morning. I also just finished giving her a bath. I have been driving it so much that she was filthy. Bugs were plastered all over the place, plus dirt, dust, and road grime. I have been on dirt roads too as well as a lot of highway miles.

I know my paint is really bad, but I am going to try a clay bar and polishing compound on it.

The heat is getting to me , so I probably won't give that a try until it cools off some later this evening.

I can't afford the supplies needed to start the body work for a long time. Most of my classes did not make this semester. Might as well try to make it look sort of presentable.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:13 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
I've got that "work" thing going today, and I am missing one little piece to put my tranny together... So, NO I am not getting anything done

Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
well, I took the bed, fenders, running boards and cowl to the painter yesterday. Finally!!!..

I finsihed closing the extra holes on the firewall today, got the fresh air cowl back in, with the electric wiper assembly (and it fit first time!)..

got the high mount seatbelt supports welded in, the ac unit removed from under the dash.

I need to replace the steering box (the front clip is off!, so now is the time)..,
undercoat the cab, and put on the seam sealer.
remount the front clip, and test run the wiring harness.

engine is being rebuilt now , and I've got to get the tranny checked out (its out, now is the time).

Sam

Old 08-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Goobzilla
Elder User
Working all this weekend, but I did get the shop cleaned up on Thursday and got my Toyota steering bracket & Pitman arm on order.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:35 PM
fatfenders56
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
worked at the hot rod shop for a few hours this morn (Sunday) then came home and started the mock up for my gas tank and FINALLY finished welding up the new rear window opening. Made a deal to trade fab work for body work so I'm trying to get the latches and doors done so the doors can go first. Just came in to re-hydrate and I'm heading back out until the football game comes on. Good luck to all

Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, nothing's really happening this weekend but...

I dropped the Tank off at a machine shop last Tuesday for an engine and transmission rebuild. They hope to start tearing into it tomorrow. Everything was working pretty well, but several fluids are leaking a bit and I want to get everything cleaned up and painted. Decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet. I'll share pictures as they become available.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
The heat is killing me!!! I admit it...I am wimpy.

The front from the cowl out has been clay barred and polished. I have to keep coming in to cool off.

When these two steps are done...it will get wax of some sort.

This could take a week or more. LOL

My paint is horrible.........

Edit: The drivers door and edge of the cab are done too. I am giving up for the day. I am exhausted.

Last edited by Brian_B; 08-26-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:17 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Put the bottom end of the 351 together yesterday. Today my son and i went to a gun show and then did little shootin before the rain hit.

Finaly got a little rain!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:00 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Got the front axle and rear end out and off the frame. Gave them to a fellow FTE member as he is going stock. Put degreaser on the frame and got it washed. Started with a wire wheel on the frame. Hope to get the jag ifs started next weekend. Sure be glad when it starts cooling down. It sure is HOT. .................RUSTY

Old 08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

I had hoped to finish the last of the bodywork today. I did most of it, but I need a little more time to do it right. About 4 more hours should do it.

Seems like a familiar scenario.....

Old 08-26-2007, 06:14 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
nothing on the '48 this weekend. Played musical cars for the winter storage thing while the ground is still dry. (no rain for quite awhile now) Got my turbo coupe delivered yesterday after work. This'll be my other project. When money is an issue on the F1, I can putz on the tbird, since I have most of the parts for that already. I can say it's going to be a loooooong haul, lol.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:26 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
No truck related progress this weekend. Washed my Mack yesterday and polished it for a photoshoot(hopefully have a spot lined up on an "Old Iron" calendar). Today was one of those lazy days, went to a local State Park and made reservations for Thankgiving week, then visited friends in the area.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
52'F-3
More Turbo

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i put a few hours in making my transfercase mount on saturday,
and sunday i finished sanding and painted my 6 steel dually wheels, (i used Rustoleum primer and 3 coats of white.) also painted acouple other little odds and ends (it was sunny/warm and not so humid today)

oh yeah, spent some time on ebay, looking for a tub, hood and fenders.............

Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
tomoto
Senior User
I feel so bad, I work my as_ of in the winter and just drive around all summer. no working in the nice weather

Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
52merc
Senior User
Finished running all of my brake lines, everything is buttoned up. Ready to bleed the brakes now! Next - mount the cab back on the frame for the first time in 3 years!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone getting work done 8/25-26