Good Morning all,
Or at least I hope your having a better one than I am. I need some help. I have been reading as many post as I could over the pas couple of days before asking for help. Here's what I got. 02 PSD 4X4. 175,000 miles. Stock. 6637 filter. Deleted muffler. No other modifications.
Is there any one that lives in/ around East Valley that would be willing to help me out / this??
I have got a no start gremlin that comes and goes as it pleases. No truck has not started for 4 days. Here is what I have tried:
1.CPS- bought new 1 and installed= no fix
2. checked for loose connections= no dice- couldn't find anything loose.
3. checked for loose cheap gold colored nut= no dice-it was tight
4. checked for worn wires=no dice- could't find any thing worn.
5. checked fuel bowl for fuel pressure= bowl filled when key was turned w/ steady stream.
6. checked oil level in HPOP= good to go about 3/4 below the top.
7. No oil leaks or fuel leaks other than my d@mbA$$ spilling fuel in the valley while checking to see if the fuel bowl would fill when I turned the key(removed filter to check) .
8. Replaced ICP sensor w/ new 1 from Ford= started and ran fine for 3 weeks and no start symptoms as listed above came back.
This time I unplugged ICP sensor and tried to start. Cranked but did not fire. Plugged it back in and tried. Cranked but no start.
I then unplugged the EBV sensor in front of the HPOP and the truck started right up. Drove it home and the next morning it would not start. Tried the above again and no start. Pulled both batteries and charged them seperate. Put em back in the truck after full charged and truck cranked good as usual but no start.
During all of the above processes. SES light never came on and the truck is not throwing codes. I did take it to the dealership the first time the problem came up and the truck sat there over night. I got a call from them and they said that the truck is starting/running fine w/ no codes. They did say that the ICP was reading irratic between 300 and 500 whatever that meant. That is why I replaced it.
Now, when I go to start the truck the dash lights/WTS light comes on and goes of as usual but during cranking the battery light is on and flickering and the WTS light comes on and stays on until I stop cranking.
Anyone experience something similar? Any help would be great as I am trying to fix today so I will be in and out of the garage. Thanks guys...
Anyone have a PSD capable scanner that they could lend a hand with. I'd like to try and read the ICP% and IPR% while carnking the truck to see if possibly the IPR may be bad or if the new ICP I put in is bad.
Can anyone help me out I live in East Mesa Power and Baseline area.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.