2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here has a train horn?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
natesF150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been very hard. I spent several hours trying to find a place to mount them before I seen the pics. I guess I was just trying too hard to get them completely out of sight so the cops wouldn't see them easily. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago and I have had it in the shop twice. The first time they couldn't figure out the problem and now they say they traced it down to 3 or more bad plugs. The dealer said that they upgraded or changed the type of plugs since this engine came out and the new ones are now installed and they are going to drive it a bit to make sure that everything is ok. I was happy that they asked before putting more miles on the truck and I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow evening. I was leary about putting the horns on untill everything is fixed in case they had to drop the tranny or something and did not want them to mess up or damage the horns. I just got my dynomax cat back system installed on sat and it sounds pretty good considering all cylinders were not firing right. It is a single 3" system ultra flow and I think sounds alot healthier than others I have heard. It is not too loud and sounds very throaty. It is about as loud as my old f-150 that was a dual system on a 4.6L triton. My bed cover finally showed up and the intake should be here in the next couple days so, I have alot of work to do including the horns. The thing that really SUCKS *** is that I have to work all weekend and not sure when I am even going to get some free time to do put any of the stuff on. I wish I knew someone I who likes to do that kind of stuff and could just pay them instead of a shop that wants to rape people who can't do the work.

Later

Originally Posted by dcsmith
You have a lot more patience than I do. I started fitting stuff (holding the components in different areas) the same night I received it. The next night I mounted everything until 3 am. I was blasting at 3:30 am.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
dcsmith
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
How's it going now?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:50 AM
natesF150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is going pretty good. I ended up having to modify the kit even more. The connectors for the rigid tubing were defective so I ended up running flexible hose with hose clamps. I do have a small leak that needs to be tracked bown but other thatn that it works pretty good. The responce time is a little slow because the sol is several feet away from the trumpets. I think that the way I have the trumpets mounted actually muffels the sound a bit because they point straight down or I guess you could say that that it takes the crispness of the sound away. I can empty the tank with about a 3 second blast. I thought about adding another trumpet or two in the future along with another tank and compressor.

Later

Originally Posted by dcsmith
How's it going now?