6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

08 F250 vs LBZ Dmax

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
duckhunter 51
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude you smoked his ****. SWEET

Old 08-18-2007, 02:47 PM
gm4life
New User
gmtoford

Ok dude, first off, Its not a lbz, so quit with the BULLSPIT.
We all know you have to compensate for your shortcoming.
secound, I'm sorry, but the only thing ford gots on the F sereies is its looks.that it. 2008 with only a 5 speed auto, come on.Even shi!@$# dodge came out with a 6speed auto. And their usally 10 years behind.
Dude its not only about horsepower numbers, but about reliability. And we all know that FORD FAILED ON THAT DEPARTMENT!
Look at the duramax, It is only 7 years old, and already it has proved itself to be a worthy competior. Fords 6.0 not even close.
If ford would get thier a$$ together and stop spending their time and money on how to speed op the process for heating your a$$ on a cold winter day (seat warmers),and invest it on real drivetrain that is reliable, The could possibly be the best truck manufatuar in the US.
Dude you remind me of a cowboy, you got to much to prove.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:54 PM
16.7:1
Junior User
Methinks he doth protest too much...

Old 08-18-2007, 06:11 PM
skinner00
Senior User
Thumbs down

'the only thing ford gots on the F sereies is its looks'

wow, nice spelling and grammar. lmao

Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
350steve
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by gm4life
secound, I'm sorry, but the only thing ford gots on the F sereies is its looks.that it. 2008 with only a 5 speed auto, come on.Even shi!@$# dodge came out with a 6speed auto. And their usally 10 years behind.
Dude its not only about horsepower numbers, but about reliability. And we all know that FORD FAILED ON THAT DEPARTMENT!
Look at the duramax, It is only 7 years old, and already it has proved itself to be a worthy competior. Fords 6.0 not even close.
If ford would get thier a$$ together and stop spending their time and money on how to speed op the process for heating your a$$ on a cold winter day (seat warmers),and invest it on real drivetrain that is reliable, The could possibly be the best truck manufatuar in the US.
looks like we gots a troll here!.....Now go home to your gm forums.....

Old 08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
JMac444
Senior User
That 07 can very well be an 07 classic chevy with the lbz. There a few of them around. Its build date would be from 9/06-12/06 just like the 6.0L 07 models. I have seen a few of both. And as far as that troll has to say proffs in the puddin pumpkin.Drive a ford and u drive the best. Why does ford outsell gm and dodge combined with there trucks? Man idk probably because fords trucks suck so bad and are junk thats why everyone blows 40-50 grand when they go buy them. Go get a life and go back to the gm fourms.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Let the man speak. :-)
Not as 'PC' as i would'a said it - but.....

Old 08-18-2007, 07:15 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Shows what you know, the Torqueshift is a 6spd Auto. When the engine is cold the transmission has a different shift pattern because 4th and 5th gear are close together. 4th-1.05 5th-1.00

Go over to the Chebby forums and quit your whining.

Seems like theres a lot of Chebby lovers around here. My question is WHY.

Last edited by dkf; 08-18-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Old 08-19-2007, 12:03 PM
GMtoFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by 350steve
looks like we gots a troll here!.....Now go home to your gm forums.....
Yea he has his head in the sand... Both trucks have there strengths and weakness's but the ford is just built better and stronger underneath the sheetmetal and thats the truck that suits me better and just happened to be the faster truck that day....

Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Way to go with your first post, Nice!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Ok so Ford spent some money to put seat warmers. I'm sure that cost a lot in R&D. Did all you GM boys forget about the failed experiment known as four-wheel steering!?!? What did you get out of that, other than a neat little commercial will yall backing up with a trailer in circles. Yea, I do that everyday.

GM has to have a 6-speed auto, they need that extra gear to make to for the tiny tires they put on, (Fords tires are 3 inches taller) or they would be running well over 2000 rpm at highway speeds. Put a set of LT275/70's on a GM and then put it next to a Ford pulling weight up a hill, watch what happens. How do I know, because my friend owns an 07' GM and tries talking crap like you about his 6-speed. I waited till he got a set of 33" A/Ts (same size as the tires a put on my dually) on his and decided it was time to show him what his that 6-speed was compensating for. My manual took him in the 1/4 mile, his nose was at my tailgate. His excuse was he put bigger tires, not much of an excuse when I'm running the same thing with the same gears. I can't wait for the day he tries to tell me his tows better. Bring it on!

Last edited by SouthTexasDiesel; 08-19-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:31 PM
RY5454
New User
That banks must not put out the power they claim. I used to have a lbz crew 4x4 and it ran 8.9-9.0 with the 120hp predator.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:42 PM
F6Guy
Elder User
Originally Posted by JMac444
That 07 can very well be an 07 classic chevy with the lbz. There a few of them around. Its build date would be from 9/06-12/06 just like the 6.0L 07 models. I have seen a few of both. And as far as that troll has to say proffs in the puddin pumpkin.Drive a ford and u drive the best. Why does ford outsell gm and dodge combined with there trucks? Man idk probably because fords trucks suck so bad and are junk thats why everyone blows 40-50 grand when they go buy them. Go get a life and go back to the gm fourms.
Ford outsells chevy not GM. When you combine chevy and gmc sales ford is handily outsold. However to say that the ford or chevy does not pull is crap. If the ford is a little behind on an uphill grade or not the numbers are impressive by anymeans for both manufacters. Its close enough that personal preference should be the reason to buy one and not the other. I can remember when the cummins first showed up in the dodge, it had 400lb/ft and it was the cats meow, now all three manufactures are packing over 600lb/ft. To say one outpulls another is one thing but to say one doesnt pull is quiet another.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Well said. I remember a few years back when you had to cross your fingers and pray to the good man upstairs to get a diesel to start on a 20 degree morning and in a few short years we have come to a truck that off the showroom floor that will outrun a lot of things they shouldnt be outrunning. Whatever your preference is, we are all winners in the end thanks to the big three trying to stay ahead of each other.

Quick Reply: 08 F250 vs LBZ Dmax