Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Ok Sports Fans

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Sports Fans

Need a little help here. With the season starting soon and Pre-season already under way (regardless of the Eagles dismal first pre-season slaughter), we need Pennsylvania football fans ( NFC and AFC)to get out there in the other chapters and raise a little cain. With a coordinated effort we can possibly put out enough physcic energy to achieve a turnpike bowl. Have to keep it polite but you are allowed to say,

DALLAS SUCKS!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Who slaughtered the Eagles?

Was it the RAVENS?

McNair, Defense Lead Ravens to 29-3 Preseason Victory Over Eagles
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e2e2e2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by glruff; 08-14-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
350steve
Post Fiend

pittsburg #1

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Dadgum Yankees....HARRUMPH! I thought the Dallas Cowboys WAS our team! Bein' from SOUTHERN PA. as I am! Pittsburgh..Philly....(sniff..!) Bunch'a redneck city-folks Yankees! Hard enough to watch the Redskins twaddlin' about 'beins as I'm this close to the Mason-Dixon Line!!! Arrrgh! Next I'll be asked to vote fer Hillary and that Osama Chewbacca feller! 'Nuff said! (all in jest my friends!!) Audie..the southern old fart...

Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 AM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

it's getting harder and harder to be a philadelphia fan, be it the eagles, phillies, flyers, or sixers. never was much of a basketball fan, and lost intrest in keeping up with the phillies because they've been hunting for the wild card starting in july for the past few years and i'm tired of hearing that. if they want to win, go for the top, not just try to squeeze into the playoffs. the flyers didn't do to well last season, and the eagles have been succesful at giving us cliffhangers. i hope they all do well, and would love to see some kind of championship soon. the eagles are trying but monday's game didn't help much. i'll be happy when they win and mad but not surprised when they lose. i'll be watching the birds, hopefully win.
anywho, i won't be cheering for any non-philly affiliated teams for sure, and dallas still sucks!!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 AM
weeds
Senior User
C'mon Philly guys, what happened? I didn't see the game, just got the final score but still...16-13? You guys don't really want this Turnpike Bowl, do ya? In other news, Steelers spanked the Browns (we all knew it was gonna happen, but Tomlin needs a good warm-up, dontcha think?) Somehow the Browns managed to rack up 4 penalties, on one play...when they punted. Amazing.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
TURNPIKE BOWL?!?!

THAT'S THE ONLY BOWL PA. TEAMS WILL BE IN !!!!
Sorry guys...couldn't pass up the opportunity!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
DALLAS REALLY DOES SUCK!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I put that up as my wallpaper George. Don't know how cocky I can get though, 0-2, I have turned my jersey inside out again. It's my own private ritual, when they lose I wear it inside out and don't fix it until they win again, this does not always endear me to other fans. Last night it was obvious that they should have kept Trotter. I wasn't pleased with Reid letting Donoven throw those long *****, he was doing well with the short pops. As a true fan though I'm already looking forward to the next game with unbridled optimisim. As I've stated before, am I an optimist or a fool and is there any difference?

I was glad that Pittsburgh won, they are my favorite AFC team. Green Bay did well also, Farve is showing his stuff again, he looks great this year.

Favorites in order;

Eagles
Green Bay
Washington
Pittsburgh
Kansas City

At one time the Colts, then they left Baltimore, Unitas was betrayed.

DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS

Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Originally Posted by oldfart
Dadgum Yankees....HARRUMPH! I thought the Dallas Cowboys WAS our team! Bein' from SOUTHERN PA. as I am! Pittsburgh..Philly....(sniff..!) Bunch'a redneck city-folks Yankees! Hard enough to watch the Redskins twaddlin' about 'beins as I'm this close to the Mason-Dixon Line!!! Arrrgh! Next I'll be asked to vote fer Hillary and that Osama Chewbacca feller! 'Nuff said! (all in jest my friends!!) Audie..the southern old fart...
Being from southern PA?? As a import maybe. Course just south of I80 may count.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
How bout them EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
350steve
Post Fiend
Pittsburg---3-0

Old 09-23-2007, 09:33 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
ya know there were these two guys who lived in philly and they died in a horriffic car crash and being they were less than honorable they went straight to hell where the devil stuck them in a room where there was a decent amount of fire.
The next day the devil went to check on the new inmates and saw them laughing and partying and having a good time and the devil was miffed. He says <"This is hell youre not suppoused to be happy!"
the first guy said" well you see we are from philly and are Eagles fans we have brutal winters there and well we are just enjoying the heat "
the devil leaves and decides that hes gonna show these guys so he turns the heat up all the way.. its like 1500 degrees in their room with the fire cranking .. the devil checks on them the following day and sure enough the guys are still partying and laughing.. the devil shakes his head in disbelief and says how can it be youre so happy here in hell with the heat all the way up? the second guy says, He told ya we are from philly and are Eagles season ticket holders we have brutal winters there and well we are just enjoying the heat "
The devil thoroughly annoyed by now says to himself im gonna show these guys so he kills the heat and turns the AC up all the way.. there are literally icicles and five feet of snow in these guys room in hell. the devil returns to find the guys partying again laughing and carrying on giving hi fives etc. The devil screams "WHat is with you two!! i make it as hot as i can you guys are having a good time i make it cold and you guys sit there partying .. this is HELL why are you happy???"
the guys look at the devil and say " yes its hell it froze over the Eagles must have won the superbowl!!!!"

Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I'm wondering how many fans will be at the next game with those jerseys on. I turned my jersey right side out today, if they do it again next week I will be wearing a blue and yellow. Not that I'm a superstitious fan.

It's going to be a heady week in Pennsylvania. The Eagles cream Detroit, score the most points in a game since 1953(the year I was born) and Pittsburgh starting to show why they have all those Superbowl rings.

Will the fantasy of a turnpike bowl become a reality? Does God have a favorite team and does it reside in Pennsylvania? Will we ever be able to build a memorial to hold the Lombardi Trophy, permanently? One can only hope.

Am I deluded? Do I have illusions of grandeur?
I'm an Eagles fan, what do you think?

DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS
BUT THE COWGIRLS ARE OK.

Last edited by soondg; 09-23-2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to say Dallas Sucks
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
Hey Joe,

I like the addition to the DS tag line !!!

Quick Reply: Ok Sports Fans