Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

mid america ford meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mid america ford meet

So what is everyones plans for the 14-17 of June. Who is going to Hallet and who is going to the drag srtip. Hopefully we can get together some time during the meet, I'm starting this post early because I know how plans go around this chapter.

I'm going to be at the drag strip sat, hopeing to run the truck, and at the car show on sun.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:29 PM
78fordtruckgirl
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be at everything all week long. Stan has my no. if you guys want to meet somewhere special. And I'll be checking in here from time to time.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:02 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
We are signed up for the drags and planning on the cruise and show. If anyone can get a GTG started we would be there for sure. I finally got my tunes installed and hope to get some good time slips. I had the truck dynoed and even though they didn't run it right, it still showed 350 RWHP. They stopped it before it reached its limiters which have been raised. It hit 145 mph and they let off. I need to have it ran again using the info I received from Troyer Performance. We are really looking forward to the Ford weekend. See ya all there if not before.

Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate when things come up, I will not be at the ford meet this year, I have to go take a motorcycle riding course only given on saturday. I've been riding for four years now and have never had my endoursement I better get it befor I get a ticket. I might try to make the car show, But I'm dissapointed I will not get to run the truck, even know it is slow at 15.8. But I will try again next year.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I'll be there at least Saturday... probably Wed. (cruise night) and likely Sunday.

Ron and his son Blake usually make it to the drag strip.

Fred, Alice, can't wait to see you two in action... (hey, wouldn't it be great to see you two go up against each other???).

Jw, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. Hopefully we'll see you at the Sunday carshow.

Not sure if Tim's going to the strip, but he usually makes it to the cruise night.

Sorry I haven't been around everybody...

Stan

Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 AM
DigDoug1
New User
I think this will be my 18th year to go. I've had 1st gen lightnings in the past, but have a '98 NASCAR truck this year. I'll be at all of the activities but won't be racing this year. If there is a get together let me know and I'll meet up too.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Sorry, i haven't been around much lately either. It's been a weird year and we're not halfway thru it yet.

Hmmmm......well, if everything goes according to plan, my son Blake and I will be there to watch the drag races on Saturday. We'll be cheering Alice, Fred, and any other fellow FTE'rs on!!! We won't make it to the Sunday car show, as we'll be fishing on Texoma. Yippee.

Heya Alice, yer welcome to my garage and tools if you need to do any tuning or repair on Red while yer down here.

Anybody goin with the reserved seating this year?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
78fordtruckgirl
Freshman User
I'm not sure how to take your offer Ron. Actually, knock on chrome, she's running lke a top. I don't think I'll show her on Sunday though. her looks are in bad shape right now. It'll take alot of elbow grease to get her back to the way she was. Hopefully I'll have the cougar done next year. SEE YA"LL SOON!

Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 78fordtruckgirl
...I'm not sure how to take your offer Ron. Actually, knock on chrome, she's running lke a top. ...
LOL. No worries, Alice. Don't take it that way. I'm sure Ol' Red will be just fine and nothing is going to break at the track.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Well, it looks like adult spectator tickets for Saturday's drags are $15. But I could not find out if kids are free or not? I keep getting the track voicemail when i call. Anybody know if kids (5yr old) are free on Saturday?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM
DigDoug1
New User
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Well, it looks like adult spectator tickets for Saturday's drags are $15. But I could not find out if kids are free or not? I keep getting the track voicemail when i call. Anybody know if kids (5yr old) are free on Saturday?

Thanks in advance.
Children under 12 are free with a paid adult I believe.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was anyone else as disappointed in the show on Sunday as I was?

Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
Was anyone else as disappointed in the show on Sunday as I was?
Seemed kinda slow to me. I thought attendance was down... but somebody told me it was a record year.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was nowhere near a record year at the show. Maybe the at the other events. The show area wasn't very big, so it is possible that a lot of people packed their toys and went home. I left via the west drive way and there were a lot of cars on/in trailers on that side of the hotel. Nobody that I talked to even knew they were moving it to that side until that morning. I didn't see a single Boss 429 or 427 SOHC and those are always the highlight for me. I was really bummed. It was Father's Day weekend and that might have had something to do with it.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Yeah, I don't know why it was such a crappy year, but you could be onto something... maybe it was because it was father's day.

Did you make it to any of the other events?

Quick Reply: mid america ford meet