1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

what do you do for a living

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys. I'm Dave. (32) married for 12 years, 4 kids (2 of each) Work at a nitrogen fertilizer plant (shift work 6 years). 4th class power engineer, working on 3rd. Live on 25 acres 45miles from work and have honey bees, milk cow and 2 beef cows. Also make biodiesel in my 'spare' time.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
andywe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im Andy, and love to ride my Harleys. Im 38 years old and after 8 years as a Sr. Systems Architect for Microsoft I quit (I am the grandfather of Windows Update so don't blame me ).

I live in Seattle for 1 more week and then I am relocationg to Nashville Tenessee to begin with a new company. I am engaged, have no children (well the dog and cat), and thus why we have 3 harleys, 2 new cars, and my trusty ole PSD to haul anything I need!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 PM
scottie2hottie
Postmaster
They call me Scott I'm 23 I live in central OH I am engaged, and my fiancee and I own a home across from a stinky cattle farm, I work for a major health insurance provider (Aetna) but please don't swear at me LOL. I have three dogs, a bluetick, a treeing walker, and a beagle, and three pygmy goats. The best anyone's described me yet is a hillbilly with and office job.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Pinkbits
Junior User
Red face Me 35, Petrol head from way back

Live Auckland New Zealand, WAY DOWN UNDER!! 1 Husband (petrol head also), 2 boys, 17 (UNI Student) + 8 (Petrol head in training). 2 German shepherds. Not enough toys. I am a swimming teacher, teaching from 6months to 70+. Love my job!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:08 PM
FFemt5287
Elder User
Brandon, live in Northford, CT. single, 20 year old full time nursing student. Also work as a fulltime firefighter/emt for the town of North Branford. work part time for a commercial pool company as a pool technician. all of my "spare" time is taken up working on my girlfriend's ministock car. "spare spare" time taken up by my truck.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 PM
skittlejr
Elder User
Originally Posted by scottie2hottie
They call me Scott I'm 23 I live in central OH I am engaged, and my fiancee and I own a home across from a stinky cattle farm, I work for a major health insurance provider (Aetna) but please don't swear at me LOL. I have three dogs, a bluetick, a treeing walker, and a beagle, and three pygmy goats. The best anyone's described me yet is a hillbilly with and office job.
alright that's two of us buckeyes now

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM
caseydudem
More Turbo
Talking Glad to meet all you guys

My name is Casey. I live in Ramstein, Germany. I serve in the United States Air Force as a aircraft structural maintainer. Thats just a fancy name for someone that knows a little bite about metal. I maintain the body and structure of the aircaft. I have been married for two years this october. We have one cat and we had some fish awhile back, but I think the cat got to them. I am twenty five years old and I'm still going to school along with my wife.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm Rick...Action Rick as my friends call me,,,35 years in the auto repair ..I own Action Auto Body In Muskegon Michigan..Two children, One wife ,One Bird , One lizzard & two dogs.....

Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

HI Im Walter I live in Thunder bay Canada worked in the haz mat field for 14 years quit for better job as a groundman operator building power line I have 2 girls 15 and 7 and have been with the same woman for 17 years I LOVE THIS SITE !!!!! and love ford trucks

Old 08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
DAVID'S97F250HD
Posting Guru
My name is David, soon to be 28 years old in 8 more days, not married and no kids and plan on keeping it that way. I live in 60km's south of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. I work for the City of Winnipeg as a mechanic/forman specializing in nothing but know a lil of everything on all of our equipment. All our equipment ranges Heavy truck, Heavy equipent, Light truck down to weed eaters. I am a certified transport truck mechanic.

Looks like I'm the first Crazy Canadian to jump in on this thread, and a good one too.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 PM
F350_Hauler
Elder User
Thumbs up You guys changed my life

My name's Eric. My friends say I'm somewhat of a renaissance man. I'm 48 and up until 5 years ago I had a small Bobcat and tree-trimming business. I've been doing blacksmithing for quite some time and I have a lot of honeybees, too. I recently took my first ever full-time job because I found something that I love to do and I can make a decent living at it. Really I owe a lot of it to you guys. I am an emergency road repair/rescue mechanic for our local International diesel truck dealership. My wonderful wife(I married up) and my terrific son are both over-joyed for me. He drives the 96 5 speed (happy to have his own professional diesel mechanic in his pocket). Anyway, you guys helped me to realize how much I love to work on diesels and I got hit hard last year with the honeybee problem (lost 85 out of 100 hives) so I walked in, applied and got the job. The bees and the blacksmithing are now great hobbies. We are very active in our church and I have a vibrant ministry to Haiti. Many thanks to all of you!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:16 PM
tndiesel
Elder User
Originally Posted by andywe
Im Andy, and love to ride my Harleys. Im 38 years old and after 8 years as a Sr. Systems Architect for Microsoft I quit (I am the grandfather of Windows Update so don't blame me ).

I live in Seattle for 1 more week and then I am relocationg to Nashville Tenessee to begin with a new company. I am engaged, have no children (well the dog and cat), and thus why we have 3 harleys, 2 new cars, and my trusty ole PSD to haul anything I need!
Welcome to Nashville Andy, I lived here my entire life (39 yrs) and it's a great place. We need to get together and talk diesels.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:29 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by IDMooseMan
Hi everyone,

My is Craig. I'm married (20 years this past April). Two daughters, 16 (in September) and 12. I work for the State of Idaho as an I.T. Programmer Analyst. Live in Nampa.
I feel bad about not mentioning my 11 year old Chocolate Lab who thinks he's a lap dog. He weighs 85 pounds and does NOT like loud noises.

Camping, fishing, and hunting are things I NEED to do, so I WANT to keep my rig running better than is necessary.

This site ROCKS!

Old 08-11-2007, 01:14 AM
andywe
Senior User
Originally Posted by tndiesel
Welcome to Nashville Andy, I lived here my entire life (39 yrs) and it's a great place. We need to get together and talk diesels.
Heya TN!! I'd love too because I know my baby needs a little TLC, but nothing spectacular. Anything you need rom Dale before I leave here? I will be passing right by his shop on my way out of town (waves to Dale at Tymar).

Old 08-11-2007, 07:34 AM
firemanp
Senior User
Hi all.. my name is Pat, I am a firefighter/EMT (IAFF 2665).. been married for 10 years have 3 kids Kara(in heaven 07/04/06), James 5, and Kaitlyn 2.. as long as were listing everything.. here goes.. 1 yellow lab, 1 mutt, 1 quarter horse (leased out THANK GOD), 1 poison dart frog, 1 fish... 5th wheel camper, 18ft bass boat, 66 mustang (street/strip car in hibernation), jeep playtoy

Quick Reply: what do you do for a living