Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Southern Region Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Lousiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 PM
New User

papagiddyup is starting off with a positive reputation.
Disconnect egr harness for lag

My 04 superduty 6.0 dsl at around 55-60 started a bogging type condition and blowing black out the tailpipe when i stepped on it. If i stay in it the turbo eventually spools up
and truck takes off. I have been noticeing a whistle whever
i hit the gas but it was not that bad and truck ran ok. A few weeks before i bought 20" crusier chrome alloys with 35x12.50 r 20 toyo m/t hydes for the truck. I had a 3 inch shackle kit put on and trimmed the black trim so no rub. This way the ride stayed fine as opposed to the stagecoach version. Anyway i thought the hydes had thrown off the trucks setup. The turbo appears to spool up at 22-2300 when it used to spool at 17-1800. I remembered reading about people unpluging the egr harness so thats what i did before i left work. Truck seemed to run much better on way home and i could not duplicate issue. I tried 4 or 5 times so i wonder if it,s ok to leave it unplugged. I taped the plug and covered where it plugs in. Ihave about 48 thou on truck but engine and turbo replaced at 37 thou under warranty. Engine is a Fred Jones rebuild with a new or new looking Garrett turbo.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 PM