New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Our Next GTG

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 11:46 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by downhillpat
TONS O' FUN (....me) will be there. Who's meeting in manchester? I don't feel like reading.
For me lunch would constitute a mandatory stop in lincoln @ bill & bobs roast beef...mmm...same as the one down in mass for all you woburnish area... Instead of doing the kanc all the way to conway, I might suggest turning off @ bear notch road, which is a left that goes to rt.302 in Bartlett. Paddy know backroads..Paddy know backroads very well...the super awesome part is...I can compression brake it all the way down...and not have to worry about upshifting...may hookup the cruise ctrl for the highway....
Pat what is in Bartlett that would constitute a detour?

HMMM Roast Beef ...... DROOOOOOOOLLLL

Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gray91
Yeah I know they ain't a "bad" bunch.. Just kidding because the bride is the shy type at first, then when she is comfortable she don't shut up That and she is only 5 feet tall so she's afraid of the trucks, let alone the creatures you find inside them. All in good fun.

and that's normal highway speeds and only three rest (room) stops. Bundle up, mid Sept in white mountains ain't beach weather and bring extra sticks to club your food with in case there is a breakdown that holds you all up .

Kb
Grey91,,,Real people use the woods anyways..

Old 08-20-2007, 01:26 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,091 Likes on 4,180 Posts
TONS O' FUN (....me) will be there. Who's meeting in manchester? I don't feel like reading.
For me lunch would constitute a mandatory stop in lincoln @ bill & bobs roast beef...mmm...same as the one down in mass for all you woburnish area... Instead of doing the kanc all the way to conway, I might suggest turning off @ bear notch road, which is a left that goes to rt.302 in Bartlett. Paddy know backroads..Paddy know backroads very well...the super awesome part is...I can compression brake it all the way down...and not have to worry about upshifting...may hookup the cruise ctrl for the highway....
Hey Pat...good to hear from you...you've been kind of quiet here lately...even better to see a post from you that doesn't need to be translated... ...must be the generation gap!!! As far as food...I thought we were set on grilling on the side of the road...what do the masses think...I guess majority rules. What does everone else think??? Let your voice be heard or forfeit the right to complain!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
gray91
Elder User
Originally Posted by sglaine
Grey91,,,Real people use the woods anyways..
Hey I'm all for that, but in the case of the Aug 1 trip to Maine, I had my mother along so she could finally see her great grandson. (For some reason the relatives in Maine don't think the roads to their house are two-way!) The kid is almost 4 years old. Something about most women, they frown on this "nature's bathroom" thing

Hey guys, have a great time!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:01 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
One, North Conway's normal sunday traffic will be bypassed...don't have to deal w/ as much o them tourist types...Two on rt. 302 there is also a place called the Red Parka Pub awesome steak and ribs...& monterey jack cheese sticks....mmmm....ALSO the road to wildcat mtn. & Mt. Washington is right @ the corner where the pub is. When in the MWV it is wise to travel south rather than north...

Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
One, North Conway's normal sunday traffic will be bypassed...don't have to deal w/ as much o them tourist types...Two on rt. 302 there is also a place called the Red Parka Pub awesome steak and ribs...& monterey jack cheese sticks....mmmm....ALSO the road to wildcat mtn. & Mt. Washington is right @ the corner where the pub is. When in the MWV it is wise to travel south rather than north...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...That also sounds good ......

Old 08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Extra sticks? Screw that....this is n'Hampsha break out the 12 Gauge...
Y'all can grill it up, but I'm going to make a couple pit stops and then eat all of your food....I'm just kidding...I will make some absolutely good and killer throat numbing chili...for the faint of heart I'll bring some tomato soup...I do need to know who in the crew here has an asbestos lined gut...as I may need to alter my hotness making paradigm....In other words I need to know heat levels...Even if it is hot, one bowl is never enough...I can also do some ribs....I make killer ribs too....and pepper jack burgers....mmm...one may find himself dipping one or two of the above foods in the chili as it is so awesome...I have heard of my chili being used to melt off stubborn lug nuts...If there's a lot of people, I may have to upgrade to the lobster pot to cook this stuff with...damn!! Ken, I dare you to chug 5 bowls of this stuff...

Ok I am done now.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Sean, You hungry yet???

"Duuhbblle meaht, duuhbblle cheeese, duuhbblle bacon, duuhbblle mmmmmmm...What? I get sweaty when I eat....!!!"
Homer Simpson

DOH!!!!

Old 08-21-2007, 09:19 AM
donjamer
OK, I nominate Pat to be the one to cook for us....

Seeing that he has gotten all of our appetites in gear and that is like a runaway Semi going downhill..

HMMM, Maybe that is why he calls himself downhillpat..

Old 08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
BIGKEN
Hey Pat...I'll get back to you after I have your posts deciphered by my friends at interpol!! If anyone else closer can help me out, I would appreciate it!!!

Old 08-21-2007, 10:07 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ken - even I could figure out what he said..

So is Pat cooking and bring in the food?????.......

Pat - It will probably be me and you meeting in Manch for this. Unless Mike(& his other 1/2 NHTriton) are coming as well. Either way we need to figure out where Don is goign to meet up with us.

Guys - We also need to know who is a definate and where they are going to start out so we know who to waite for and where....

Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Ken - even I could figure out what he said..

So is Pat cooking and bring in the food?????.......

Pat - It will probably be me and you meeting in Manch for this. Unless Mike(& his other 1/2 NHTriton) are coming as well. Either way we need to figure out where Don is goign to meet up with us.

Guys - We also need to know who is a definate and where they are going to start out so we know who to waite for and where....
Like I said before...must be a generational thing...I thought everyone was meeting in Greenfield... ...I'm a definite...with whatever I may pick up on the highway on the way?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Hey Pat...I'll get back to you after I have your posts deciphered by my friends at interpol!! If anyone else closer can help me out, I would appreciate it!!!
Ken, it must be a generational thing..

Let me try and put it in your terms....

I think he is saying he is going to make a few stops along the trail for some grub and then eat what ever we have to offer. Then he said the other option is he will be driving the chuck wagon and when we are ready for some vittles he has some piping hot chlli and ribs that will bring tears to your eyes..

Old 08-21-2007, 01:01 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by 7283-F250

Dan, I think we should just wait at our stations until the others arrive..
meaning, I will wait at the Salem rest stop for those from the south. When we reach the time to get going, we will head north and meet up with you in Manchester.. Then we can continue up to meet the rest..

If people are late then they have to go it alone up to Lincoln...

Does anyone know if there is a parking lot or other big area that we can use as a meeting place in Lincoln???

Old 08-21-2007, 01:53 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by donjamer
Ken, it must be a generational thing..

Let me try and put it in your terms....

I think he is saying he is going to make a few stops along the trail for some grub and then eat what ever we have to offer. Then he said the other option is he will be driving the chuck wagon and when we are ready for some vittles he has some piping hot chlli and ribs that will bring tears to your eyes..
Big Don...thanks for deciphering that for me...I guess you have an advantage over me in that you have a son of that generation... ...whatever you guys decide for food is ok with me...don't forget sglaine has volunteered to bring angus burgers for the bunch...let's not pass on that generous offer and build from there.

Last edited by BIGKEN; 08-21-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Our Next GTG