4.2 V6 Butterfly secondaries!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 08:43 AM
horriblehannah
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-Oct-02 AT 09:50 AM (EST)]The check engine lite is on and went to the auto zine they did their thing(and I thanked them) then with code(s) in hand went to Ford friend and he said that there are a secondary set of like throttle type rails that run the length of the manifold on each side(the underside) that get caked up with carbone and the like. The procedure would require that the intake be removed. where do I get the shop info as I believe that the manifold is aluminum. Same motor(4.2) seems noisy in the upper end. Lifters seem just plain noisy. Was told that the motor is a bored out 3.8. It is a strong motor.

Old 01-01-2003, 02:00 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster

There's this stuff that Redline makes, it's their "fuel system cleaner" - can't remember what it's called. Anyhow, they have testimonies on their site that claim the cleaner got rid of all the carbon buildup in the intake. May be worth a shot. Amsoil also makes some kind of foam cleaner - you send it down the intake, and it cleans things up. Haven't used it personally. I've also heard of pouring Marvels Mystery Oil in the intake (a little at a time so it doesn't lock the engine up) or adding MMO to the gas to clean everything out. I'd try these routes before I pulled the motor apart.

XXL

Old 01-02-2003, 01:43 PM
mneblett
Junior User