General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

If You Have A Pair A Swingin, You Are Expected To Use Them!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If You Have A Pair A Swingin, You Are Expected To Use Them!!!!

last night my wife wakes me up at 10 to 11:00, says she hears somebody outside calling for help. so i get up throw on something appropriate grab my bullmastiff(150#er) and walk outside to find the source of these cries. i discover a little old man across the street sitting on the curb, calling out feebly. i also see a neighbor from the next block, his house is about a 100 yds away. anyway the neighbor is almost to the man, and i was approaching rapidly with the dog at my side. we discover this old man was walking home from a restaurant a few blocks away. he fell and does not possess the strength to get himself up anymore. we also discover that he is rather disoriented because he thinks he is heading the right direction, yet he is a 1/2 mile the wrong way of his home. he started the walk going right rather than left. oops. now according to my neighbor he saw the owner of the front yard this man was in peek out of his front door but hurriedly locked the place up again. the neighbor was still a few houses away, so he wasn't seen. several others peeked out of there windows, and went back to hiding. now mind you i live on a nice street, we don't have any problems or concerns, no break ins, nothing. so why they hell didn't these chickenshat wussies investigate farther or try to help? why wouldn't you look out for your neighborhood. hell nobody even called the police! well i drove the man home and called the police to do a welfare check on him. i also tried to check on him after work but no answer. so from the title, if you have a pair, cowboy up and prove you are man enough to deserve them. risk taking on a dangerous situation for the good of your family and friends. quit being emasculated girly men scared of shadows and confrontation, protect those that cant protect themselves. walk boldly into danger and fear not. nope the wussification of America becomes closer and closer to being complete everyday. it makes me want to just give up my pair. i sometimes feel with the prevailing attitudes towards real men, that maybe we should just be put in a glass box that says break in case of emergency. i see more and more wimps that hide behind whatever shield they find every day. and while hiding in that nice warm place, they manipulate and plot to bring down the real men, rather than face the challenge and man up. they plot our irrelevance with every new day, while making themselves look great. sorry i just morphed work into this thread. sorry. it is in the same vain. so today the chickenshat neighbor that actually owned the yard the man was in. well today he is in his driveway talking to another, and started to tease me about finding a new friend, really yukking it up. boy did that throw my a'hole switch. i just let them have it, something to the effect that if they weren't such chickenshat p.o.s's they would have known that it was actually a disorientated old man incapable of getting himself back on his feet, and that they both just disgusted me. then said something about "way to man up" so there is my latest rant. If you have a pair a swingin, man up and prove you deserve them, otherwise give them to some woman that does have a pair. Dan

Old 08-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll take 'em! I'll take 'em! You never know when you need a few extras hanging around!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:54 PM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good job. Too many people are "afraid" to get involved anymore. my neighbors and I have a code when we go out in the midle of the night when something like this happens, so we know who not to fire at!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Why don't they .......?

Because ....They don't have a 150 # Mastiff

Old 08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
Why don't they .......?

Because ....They don't have a 150 # Mastiff
More likely they're afraid of getting sued for trying to help. I was raised up with the "farmer code" that if you see someone who needs help, you do what you can to help them, and don't expect anything in return. It's something I've always tried to do, too, but I can think of many times it has come back to bite me in the rear end. One time I pulled a car out of a ditch it had slid into during a snowstorm. There was a woman and two little kids in it, and she said she'd been in there for about an hour when I happened along. I got the car out and towed it to my house, where she called her husband. The car would'nt start, and in towing it out, I pulled the bumper out a bit. The car was in pretty bad shape anyway, and I thought I'd not done any real noticable damage, but when the hubby got there, instead of asking how his wife and kids were, he wanted my insurance info... I'd torn up his bumper and that meant he was getting paid, ya know.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Farmforward, Thats when i would have taken out a full page ad in the local paper telling how you helped this mans wife and kids out of a dire situation and how he thanked you in return. The pen can be mightier than the sword!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 AM
JJPMach1
Senior User
My wife has woken me up before after hearing a sound. If I don't hear anything, I tell her "he let himself in, He'll let himself out" We also have a Shepperd that sleeps in our room & a Beagle that sleeps with the kiddies.

But if by chance there is a direct hit with a nuclear warhead and I wake up, I will go out and check out what is going on, but of course I would take the dog with me.

You guys should see me freak out at the drivers when they speed down my street.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:37 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
its like that here also, people just try as hard as possible to avoid other people, my wife refers it to "stalin era".

but i blame a mulititude of people for the "closed society" we have today.

video games and tv has kept kids, starting young, from any real engagement with others, and sue happy people with lawyers have kept people wary also.

its a nice combination that gives some people the belief of "i don't care" or "someone else will take care of it"

so now created this nice little culture of weaklings and people who will do all possible to avoid confronting other people besides their usual fake smile and "how are you?" without ever wanting a real response past "i am fine"

like a bunch of little robots.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good job Dan. Way to go. Most folks are like you up here in the north cuz it's so harsh most of the time. If there is a lot of local traffic. like now in the summer hunting season. Than if ya stop to pee be prepared to have someone stop and ask if ya need anything. And if ya have yer hood up than every one stops to help. It's the way It's always been. Most of the Flatlanders and Tree huggers that come through don't understand this concept and drive by. But be assure if they stop to pee we'll stop to ask them if they have a problem. It's just the code of the Bush I guess. So ya theres a lot of them swinging around here.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

Great deed Dan.

I'm sure you would have done the same thing, Mastiff or not by your side.

I stopped last weekend and helped an older gent change a flat on his Saturn. It was 95° or so out and humid and he looked like he was having a hard time. He offered me money but I wouldn't take it - it is just the way I was raised.

An hour ago I offered an old, blind man a ride - he looked like he wasn't gonna make it much further but he said he was almost home and wouldn't take a ride - I think he was too proud. I didn't think until a few minutes later to circle back to make sure he was okay. I hope he made it.

I try to do nice things for folks when the opportunity presents itself. I can only hope that if it were my 79 year old blind father struggling in the heat that someone would offer to help him.....

Thanks Dan. Somewhere a son appreciates what you did.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:03 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
snowbunny, i would go across the street and repo there pairs, but i doubt they would be big enough to swing. as for the rest of you, keep manin' up. nothing bothers me more than stupidity and cowardice. farm forward, i'm not sure how i would have handled that gentlemans concern for his bumper. i am sure he would have been leaving in a hurry at the very least. some reason a tractor and monster trucks have come to mind. i'm sure nothing squashes objects like a deere! it is a rather sorry state that a good deed gets met with i'm gonna get mine. the ghetto just keeps on expanding. Dan

Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Outstanding! Great job! It's good to know there are still people that care!

I'd change only one thing. I add a high powered hand weapon to having the dog with me. You gotta love CWPs!

Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
oh and by the way, without a big mean "looking" bullmastiff, i would have still been out there. god i do love that dog and the way people straighten up when he makes an appearance. so far i have not wanted a gun, but it appears that times are a changin and that day is nearing. maybe i should just get back down to my old combat weight and condition, then we make a 1,2 combination. Dan

Old 08-04-2007, 01:18 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
my hat is off to you and i find myself in the same situation every now and again. I am one of the few who check stuff out here in the city while others hide behind their shades. Ive told more than a few what i think of them but i was raised to do what i can to make the world a better place

Old 08-04-2007, 01:39 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Gee dan,are you trying to get me banned or what?Tempting me with a title like that,and then putting it in the GNC forum where I might say sumthin that would get me in trouble! Anyway,you know I use mine,as many children as I have!Heck,even the local maternity ward has a pic of mine on the wall warning women to stay at least 500ft away!

Quick Reply: If You Have A Pair A Swingin, You Are Expected To Use Them!!!!