the mother of all oil pans

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2000, 02:31 AM
mocky
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi gang, just had to share this exciting tid-bit with someone who will understand, i work second shift at an aluminum foundry, and today i almost fainted... i was walking through the plant when what do i see, COBRA OIL PANS !!!!! and not just a few but at least fifty. and upon further investigation not just small block but big block too.. we make the pans but dont machine them for the bolt holes, (they must have known something) what do you think? oh death where is thy sting!!!!
just a little story for my people in ford land keep on truckin mocky

Old 03-09-2000, 09:06 PM
Eddie
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Mocky...wanna do some "government work" namely a one-off Cobra casting for a 300-six?
Seriously. Really. Honest!
Eddie

Old 03-11-2000, 01:47 AM
mocky
Senior User

i dont work in the casting department, but i wish i did, id make half the parts i need for my truck, due to a copyright infringement policy, they wouldnt even try to make a one off part like that on they're own, (law suit, big time) and due to the possibility of theft they dont do any machining on those products at our plant, therefore rendering them useless. they are shipped out in raw form, the only thing we do is make the molds, pour the castings, cut off the risers, (thats the hole were you pour the metal into) then steel shot blast them, then they are packed in a crate and out the door. i know i wouldnt try to machine the gasket surface or drill the bolt holes myself at home on a part like that, and its not worth loosing my job over no matter how cool these parts are... although a cobra oil pan on a 300-6 would be a nifty conversation piece..
keep on keepin on with your ford truck, mocky

Old 03-11-2000, 04:15 AM
CantDrive55
Senior User