Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Senior User

njxlt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Expedition Replacement Tires

I have Bridgestone Dueler REVO's (265/70/17's) on my 1998 XLT Right now and they were great for about 25,000 miles, except they wore down too fast. I am making a 6 hour road trip next month and am looking for a good tire to replace them with. Any suggestions? I love the aggresive look of the REVO's and would like to replace them with a good AT not highway tire?

Anthony Coletta
1998 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4
Bilstein Shocks
K&N Air Filter
Bridgestone Dueler REVO A/T
Rough Country Stabilizer
Old 07-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Posting Guru

SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.SMIGGS has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm going to try BF Goodrich All Terrian T/A's size 285\70\17's.

I know they are going to be more noisy on the highway and they have a fairly aggressive tread. They seem to last also from what I've heard.
2000 Excursion Limited - 7.3 Diesel - Mine
2005 Freestar Sport - The wife's
Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Elder User

wrenchturner is starting off with a positive reputation.
I Like Michelin Xlt
Old 07-27-2007, 08:52 PM
PA Chapter LDR

Oldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputation
cooper discover atr

SCOTT

06 F250 SUPER DUTY XLT Crew Cab, 6.8L., 4" Rancho Lift, 9" Eagle Alloy 186 rims, 35" tires, K&N CAI!

SteveBricks - Damn good man, friend, brother, taken too damn soon.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Elder User

daveplot is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are great and cheaper than a BFG AT. I go off road on the beach here a lot and don't have any problems.

I've liked them so much my brother has gotten them for his 05 F350, and Jeep Cherokee. Friends have them on their Dodge 3500 and F150.

'03 Estate Green Expedition EB
Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Junior User

MPBTim is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveplot
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are great and cheaper than a BFG AT. I go off road on the beach here a lot and don't have any problems.

I've liked them so much my brother has gotten them for his 05 F350, and Jeep Cherokee. Friends have them on their Dodge 3500 and F150.
Ive used Nittos....rotate em and they'll last. They dont care whether its mud rain snow ice...great tires. Seem a little short though.

BFG have a 70 or 80,000 mile warranty. But suck in slick mud. (in my exp.)

Coopers...Discovery HTs now. Nice ride all around and a fair value.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Senior User

slenser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm a big fan of my Hankooks. I had the revo's before and I liked them too, but I dropped mileage with the Bridgstones. I've had the Hankooks for nearly 20K and they are wearing very nicely.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Freshman User

Expefan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bought a set of Yokohama Geolander HT's. 100+ mile daily drive to work and two trips from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania later.... I love them!! Quiet on the interstates & great traction in the rain & snow.

In my opinion, you cant beat them.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Posting Guru

i1dery is starting off with a positive reputation.
My wifes expy has the Michelin xlt 255-70-16 and she has 65,000 miles on them
and there still good for another 10,000mi. when were ready to get new ones the
only thing im changing is the size going to 275-70-16 so I quess my recommendation
is michelin long lasting smooth quiet ride, good in the northwest rain also.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Freshman User

pbuehning is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by njxlt
I have Bridgestone Dueler REVO's (265/70/17's) on my 1998 XLT Right now and they were great for about 25,000 miles, except they wore down too fast. I am making a 6 hour road trip next month and am looking for a good tire to replace them with. Any suggestions? I love the aggresive look of the REVO's and would like to replace them with a good AT not highway tire?
The Revo's do have a 50000 mile treadwear guarantee if the rest of the truck and front end is in order. Take them back to the dealer first!!! I suspect that you have some front-end issues - my Revos have 23000 on them and look great and good for a long time to come. IMO-the best tires I've ever had and will buy them again-in an instant. Great ride, great handling in the rain and super in the snow.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Senior User

slenser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
^^^^There you go! No need to find different tires if you can get new Revo's at a discount. Maybe you should have the front end looked at before you take it to the tire shop. That way you know it is aligned before they can deny you.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior User

Trucker22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
tires

My Nav came with the dreaded Conti's---lasted but horrible for driving and hydroplanning. I replaced with Michelin LTX's---they were very expensive but what a nice ride and cornering---just drove 16hrs to the east coast----I dont' do off road---they were great in rain too---pretty good in snow. And they are totally quiet.

Lots like the Revos --I think they are more aggressive if you need that---they would be great too.

I've never ever been disappointed with Michelin---a good tire is BFG if you need to save some money---a lot of them are on these SUV's---people like them too. May be 40% less money

Hope that helps.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Elder User

04markIII is starting off with a positive reputation.
i bought wrangler rt/s last september. i put about 18k miles on them since. no problems, still look new. i just switched them out for michelin ltx m/s because i got them for free from work. they only have about 5k miles on them, so i went with those instead. i have the rt/s in my basement for the next time i need tires.
2003 Expedition: 5.4L, Harley supercharger, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, k&n panel filter, LFP SBTB, FTSP, removed front cats, Magnaflow 3" catback, Bilsteins, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, 331 rwhp, 432 rwtq (dynoe'd w/20's, 17's back on now)
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Freshman User

pbuehning is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04markIII
i bought wrangler rt/s last september. i put about 18k miles on them since. no problems, still look new. i just switched them out for michelin ltx m/s because i got them for free from work. they only have about 5k miles on them, so i went with those instead. i have the rt/s in my basement for the next time i need tires.
I'm happy for your experience with RTS, maybe you got "good ones". IMO and most others here- they are garbage, as soon as the tread starts to fade the littlest bit watch out. Hydroplane and snow traction (lack there of) will kill you!!! Keep them to put on the truck when you sell it.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Junior User

waboose is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have General Grabber AT2's on my truck, I haven't had any problems with them yet, a very good AT tire, check'em out I have a picture mounted on the truck in my galley photos.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 PM