2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fx4 version

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Corleone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fx4 version

Can someone tell me what the Fx4 version is and how it compares to the Lariat? Is the Fx4 available with the leather interior? Thanks.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:37 AM
DaMole
Posting Guru
Yes the FX4 comes with leather but it is dark and you cant get a light color leather interior in the FX4 i believe. The FX4 comes with special off road shocks (rancho I believe), skid plates, different wheels and a couple other things. The biggest difference between the two is the interiors.

This is the lariat interior:

This is a FX4 interior with leather:

Old 07-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Quack Addict
Senior User
The FX4, which I have has some differences. Yes leather is available. You can get black leather seats, grey leather or tan I believe. I have True Blue Metallic with the black leather. I love the look, but when it's smokin hot outside the black seats are a little warm. The FX4 also has different shocks, skid plates and a sticker. Also the 18" wheels are different on the FX4 and the Lariat. The 20's are the same on both. That is the difference I believe. You can get the skid plates on the Lariat if you add them. The sticker is unique to the FX4. The Lariat has it own sticker on the bed. Look at my gallery for pics of my truck. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions drop me a line. The bottom picture in the above post is my interior exactly. Just FYI.

Mike Aka Quack Addict

Duck Hunting......."It's not a passion, it's an obsession...." per my wife

06 SCREW FX4
Factory 20's with those crummy Pirelli's
ARE Cap

Old 07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
joekiser
New User
Hi, just got an FX4 last Friday after looking through well over a hundred new and used F150's. One thing I remember is that the FX4 does not have a chrome bumper option. Lariats have a heated seat option, a different instrument cluster, and I wanna say the AC system is different (seem to remember being able to set the temp in degrees on the Lariat, while my FX4 has the traditional layout). Also, you can control the CD player from the steering wheel on the Lariat. I ended up with an FX4 because I got 3.73 limited slip, a sunroof, and leather (also standard on FX4) for much cheaper than the Lariat.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
mrpositraction
Tuned
Originally Posted by joekiser
Hi, just got an FX4 last Friday after looking through well over a hundred new and used F150's. One thing I remember is that the FX4 does not have a chrome bumper option. Lariats have a heated seat option, a different instrument cluster, and I wanna say the AC system is different (seem to remember being able to set the temp in degrees on the Lariat, while my FX4 has the traditional layout). Also, you can control the CD player from the steering wheel on the Lariat. I ended up with an FX4 because I got 3.73 limited slip, a sunroof, and leather (also standard on FX4) for much cheaper than the Lariat.
Are you saying that the sunroof and leather are standard? I just bought mine and it doesn't have either. It has the 3.73 limited slip, but no sunroof (that would be nice) or leather (also would be nice).

Thanks,
Greg

Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 AM
riored4v
Senior User
whats the easiest way to tell what gear ratio you have in your FX4? I just bought a used FX4 this last weekend and am curious if I have the 3.55's or 3.73's.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
champ7718
Junior User
Originally Posted by riored4v
whats the easiest way to tell what gear ratio you have in your FX4? I just bought a used FX4 this last weekend and am curious if I have the 3.55's or 3.73's.
Should be on the sticker.

I've got the Lariat and also struggled with the decision when I was purchasing a few years ago. From what I understand the rancho shocks on the FX4 are built more for offroad while the Lariat shocks are more of an on-road shock (still rancho I think). That along with the differing insturment panels and heated seats seemed to be the biggest differences to me. My lariat came with skid plates. I like the heated seats (and so do the women passengers) but I'm not sure if it justifies the extra money; I also would have preferred the off-road shocks in hindsight.

One thing you'll want to verify is that both trucks have the same drivetrain compenents. I remember looking a lot of trucks and some had a better transfer case than others, may have come with my tow package...

Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 AM
riored4v
Senior User
Originally Posted by champ7718
Should be on the sticker.
I checked the window sticker last night because I wanted to find out if it had the factory sub, but couldnt find info on either one of them.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
The FX4 only comes with the 3.73 ratio.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:06 PM
riored4v
Senior User
ahh.. good info. thanks Joel.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:08 PM
champ7718
Junior User
I checked the window sticker last night because I wanted to find out if it had the factory sub, but couldnt find info on either one of them.
That's strange, mine had the 3.73 LS listed on the sticker as well as the premium Audiophile stereo system w/sub listed. Both of these were considered add-ons (3.73 part of the tow package and sub with the premium sound system) its possible that since these were both add-ons that the standard equipment wouldn't get listed - which in that case would mean you got 3.55s and no sub, but I'm not sure.

The sub should be easy - just lift up the rear seat and if its there in black plastic box than its there. Not sure how else to figure out the Diff without calling the dealer...

Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
riored4v
Senior User
Originally Posted by champ7718
That's strange, mine had the 3.73 LS listed on the sticker as well as the premium Audiophile stereo system w/sub listed. Both of these were considered add-ons (3.73 part of the tow package and sub with the premium sound system) its possible that since these were both add-ons that the standard equipment wouldn't get listed - which in that case would mean you got 3.55s and no sub, but I'm not sure.

The sub should be easy - just lift up the rear seat and if its there in black plastic box than its there. Not sure how else to figure out the Diff without calling the dealer...
yea, unfortunately the sticker was pretty vague. It has the 6disc w/ MP3, but it doesnt seem like it has the sub, i havent seen anything back there.

What else is included in the tow package? Maybe that would help me indentify the gearing.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 PM
champ7718
Junior User
yea, unfortunately the sticker was pretty vague. It has the 6disc w/ MP3, but it doesnt seem like it has the sub, i havent seen anything back there.

What else is included in the tow package? Maybe that would help me indentify the gearing.
The tow package includes both types of trailer plugs (round one and the standard 4 pin) next to the hitch, whereas trucks without only had one (standard i'm assuming) i think.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:20 PM
riored4v
Senior User
just went outside and checked and there were 2 plugs. one kinda big round one and a small rectangular 4-pin plug right next to it. sound like the tow package?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:48 PM
joekiser
New User
Originally Posted by mrpositraction
Are you saying that the sunroof and leather are standard? I just bought mine and it doesn't have either. It has the 3.73 limited slip, but no sunroof (that would be nice) or leather (also would be nice).

Thanks,
Greg
No, I thought that the leather was standard on FX4 but if you don't have it then I am wrong. As it was explained to me, the whole idea of the FX2 was to have the cool FX4 interior available on 2wd pickups. Sunroof was definantly an extra feature.

Quick Reply: Fx4 version