Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Not One for Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not One for Change

While I don't live in the state anymore I drive down to my hometown of Plano atleast once a month(if not twice) to show horses, but I was finally able to just go down for the week just to visit all my old haunts. One of the places I liked to eat at is Fishmongers and this was the first time I was able to eat at their new location(all of about 400 ft from where they were in the shopping center, I did notice they had changed earlier but this is the first time I was able to eat at the new location) which used to be chili's and while the food was still good(atleast to me), I just couldn't get over the fact that they moved out of the shopping center where they were to their new location, while it is good for them, I just miss it(I even miss it when they were just the one room with 3 tables in there). And of course, that gets me to thinking about all the old places that I miss, some gone long before I moved. The Walgreens that is on Custer right across the old Haggard Farm use to be Moneray House(good mexican food). The ATM building all by itself by Hancock Fabrics(also on Custer just another light down, I think on the corner of Custer and Parker) used to be the Dog House really good old Chicago style dogs(then after they couldn't pay their taxes it became A-1 Locksmith and then the ATM). Aristas in Richardson was also good. The saying really is true, you never can go home again. Just out of curiosity anybody been around Plano long enough to remember the old places(not including Fishmongers as I am sure most know about that)?