1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

1961 ford unibody

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by no1lowr
How about you try starting a thread of your own with what you need in the subject title, thanks for trying to hijack my 5 pages of pure glory, haha noob!
LOL. you need to send me a box of kleenex to get the coffee off my keyboard....

Garbz

Old 04-25-2009, 01:20 AM
peoria_f100
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hows the hows the toyota f100 coming along, any new pics?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Bkylemc
New User
need help with my uni

did you do these on your computer cause i wanted to see what the paint idea would look like? it would mean alot to me if you could help me i have a 61 uni that im bagging and was looking at putting an old lincoln suspension under it what do you think about that idea?
some paint ideas

Old 09-10-2009, 11:58 AM
no1lowr
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bkylemc
did you do these on your computer cause i wanted to see what the paint idea would look like? it would mean alot to me if you could help me i have a 61 uni that im bagging and was looking at putting an old lincoln suspension under it what do you think about that idea?
u can email me if you want i can throw you together a paint scheme. any IFs is fine and apersonal preference really. as long as the width matches up, or your willing to do some cutting you should be golden

Old 09-10-2009, 11:59 AM
no1lowr
Senior User
Originally Posted by peoria_f100
Hows the hows the toyota f100 coming along, any new pics?
hey hey, here are some updated shots of my 62. should be a complete roller next week. CC welcome.

3in chop, BD to the door, 2in section, chromoly chassis, IRS, Romeo 605 ford motor.

sorry its been so long.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Bkylemc
New User
paint Scheme

u can email me if you want i can throw you together a paint scheme. any IFs is fine and apersonal preference really. as long as the width matches up, or your willing to do some cutting you should be golden
yeah if you could send me a scheme. From the line from the hood to the tail lights, that same line you used on the black with flames. From that line up black, the lower half like a Medium to dark silver on the bottom, not a fade but a crisp line,Then the stripe that you have on the red truck, in Turqouise over the black in the same position,

so black on top of silver with Turqouise stripe.

I would appreciate it
Thanks
Kyle

Old 09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Derek66f250
New User
Hey no1lowr, welcome to FTE, I am new here too. I'm with cobraguy, to each his own. Enjoy your build and keep us posted. It looks like a real fun fab up, and would be interesting to follow. Killer

Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking real sweet! Just curious what did you do with your old floor and door steps/rockers?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:20 PM
no1lowr
Senior User
thanks guys, much appreciated, i gave the old floor to the recycling guy. sorry man.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats OK picked up a 63 parts truck this weekend. Haven't seen it yet but got it anyway. Traded for a POS honda 3 wheeler I hadn't ridin in a couple of years. Now I just have to get out to my Dads in Yucca Valley to see what I got. Dad says its fairly straight but the body is just sitting on a 3/4 ton twin beam frame.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:32 AM
bcfordman
New User
hi there , well no1lowr I've got ot say when I started reading this thread I did not agree with what you had planned ,BUT now that you have changed direction I have to admit that I like what you have done so far . now I'm an older guy who has worked mostly in restoration ,body and paint etc for almost 40 years,my fab skills are not that great and I will admit I most likely couldn't do half as nice as yours looks, but after all these years 1 thing I have learned is you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinigar, do what you want ,keep it as cutting edge as you can ,BUT PLEASE DROP THE ATTITUDE it's getting a bit abrasive ,I donn't know how old you are ( I'm guessing quite young) , you will learn more with an open mind instead of an open mouth .. unless you are at the point that you think you can't learn anything in that case you should look elsewhere . but what would I know.. thanks

Old 09-19-2009, 11:33 AM
William
Logistics Pro
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awsome looking fab work! Roush sells a crate motor with a Ford harness to make it work. But I don't get to excited about cross breeding since I can always install a Ford in a Ford later. Personally I'd not do it but I don't own it. I am with John on this one by the way! IMHO! If we can help in anyway post back. I'd like to see pictures of the body to frame deal and any issues you encounter and how you solved them. On the cab, I saw an article in Trucks that took off the drip rail (no Chop) and it looked really good. I'd like to try that sometime in the future.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 AM
no1lowr
Senior User
well thanks for the kind words. I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN AS FAR AS ATTITUDE GOES I SURE HAVENT HAD ONE FOR QUITE SOME TIME, MAYBE A BIT IN THE BEGINNING FROM DEALING WITH BEING NEW TO THE FORUM AND BUILDING SOMETHING THAT SOME DIDNT AGREE WITH, BUT IF YOU CHECK THE DATE ON MY POSTS YOU WILL SEE ITS BEEN SOME TIME SINCE IVE DROPPED THIS SO CALLED ATTITUDE YOUR WORRIED ABOUT, AND I ALWAYS KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT AND MY MIND OPEN FIRST, LEARNED THAT A LONG TIME AGO, SO THANKS AGAIN. I WILL POST YOU GUYS SOME NEW PICS OF THE FRONT SUSPENSION SOON.. THANKS AGAIN.,

Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
bcfordman
New User
well I maybe the one to stand corrected . I truly was expecting a mouthy reply , but am willing to admit I do like the cutting edge stuff , and i will not take away the fact I like the quality of your build , my own uni is getting a little less radical build than yours ,89 t bird rear ,as yet undecided IFS , stroker fe , undecided on richmond street 5 sp or aod type auto , and if the budget allows a smallish turbo set up , going for a touring feel. thanks Bill

Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
no1lowr
Senior User
here are a few shots of the start of the suspension. we are leaving the center of the frame kind of open until the drivetrain gets decided upon and finally set in stone. enjoy! hey bill! by the way your build sounds really cool. i like the touring feel, sounds like it should look good and perform as well.!!!!

Quick Reply: 1961 ford unibody