Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Freshman User

ryansmo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good transmission shop

I bought a 2001 PSD auto about 6 weeks ago and when I am hauling a heavy load or pulling a trailer my transmission doesn't like to shift out of 2nd gear once it gets hot. By dumb luck I discovered if I stop, shift into reverse (which seems to slip) and goose my throttle, it seems to straighten the mess out somehow. The truck has 4" Magnaflow turbo-back exhaust and Edge Juice w/ Attitude. It now has about 45,000 miles and I want to get the tranny looked at because I plan on keeping this truck for a while. I live in the Issaquah area and was wondering if any of you have had similar issues or know of a good transmission shop in my area that has diesel know-how. I appreciate the advice.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
A tranny shop will just want to pull and swap or rebuild. Try changing the fluid, and add an inline filter to catch all the junk that will flush out. I made one from a remote oil filter kit with a standard Ford oil filter, and it worked great. As an added bonus, it did increase the capacity by about a quart as well.
Also, add a cooler, or if there is one already, make sure it's in good shape and is mounted where it gets enough airflow.
Check out the transmission forum for advice also.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Senior User

Parrsboro is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have had good luck at Kings transmission, i use the one in kent, there is one in renton too not sure where all of there locations are.

But the few times i have needed to go to them, they dont mind finding the problem first , swapping out etc is always a later choice.
1999 F-250, V10
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior User

spidertoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I took the wifes to Puget Park Transmission and they did a GOOD job, gave me all the options before just going for the gusto, you know
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter