6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Spartan Diesel Ultra Economy and Stock Plus files released

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 10:01 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spartan Diesel Ultra Economy and Stock Plus files released

To anyone who has been waiting for my Ultra Economy file for the SCT Xcal2 to be released, it is my pleasure to announce that the tune will be available on Monday

There are two versions of the Ultra Economy- the UE Highway and UE Tow versions.
The UE Highway file is good for towing up to 7,500 lbs and for daily driving. The UE tow will see maximum economy with 5000+ lbs and will safely tow as much as the max GVWR of the truck. UE-H produces between 65-75 horsepower depending upon calibration; whereas UE-T will produce 40-55. So far during testing, 3-4mpg average increases are being seen on trucks starting out in the 14-15.5 mpg range (Sorry to the guys who are already getting 19-20 out of your truck; you will probably only pick up another 1mpg if you are already at that point).

I'm also releasing another entirely different file which has not been mentioned or announced to date here at FTE. It is called "Stock-Plus"- designed for users who are nervous about tuning or simply do not wish to add any power to their vehicles. The primary function of this file is to remove the EPA- induced inadequacies in the factory OEM programming. No overall power gains will be seen as maximum fuel delivery and injection timing levels remain at stock. Injection timing and injection pressure tables are remapped within stock parameters, as well as deactivation of the EGR system. Boost levels will peak around 23-24 lbs (typically below stock) and EGT's have ran ~100 degrees below stock levels on average during testing. Shift points will occur at around 3300 RPM rather than 3600, and converter lockup scheduling changes are made to minimize gear hunting and maximize fuel economy. This file will provide superior throttle response,turbo lag, economy and driveability while retaining stock power output levels and lower-than-stock firing pressures to keep a healthy powertrain for hundreds of thousands of miles

As mentioned above, both of these files are officially available as of Monday. Any already existing Xcal2 owners formerly from LIPD or currently from Spartan Diesel may contact me at the number in my signature or PM to receive your copies free of charge. They will also be available with the purchase of a new tuner on Monday, too.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great Info Matt. These look like 3 great files.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good that ultra economy tune is looking better and better...im gonna have to bite the bullet soon...but i am nervous about something going wrong and hurting my 40k truck........I guess i will have to call and talk to you about some of the tune's you have.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by WishIhada7.3
sounds good that ultra economy tune is looking better and better...im gonna have to bite the bullet soon...but i am nervous about something going wrong and hurting my 40k truck........I guess i will have to call and talk to you about some of the tune's you have.
Feel free

Old 07-21-2007, 10:37 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Matt, can you please go into a little more detail about the deactivation of the egr system on the stock plus tune

Old 07-21-2007, 10:46 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by UGA33
Matt, can you please go into a little more detail about the deactivation of the egr system on the stock plus tune
All of the EGR tables are set to default zero. This prevents the valve from ever opening, under any driving conditions. The parameters are designed to emulate the same result as simply unplugging the valve, without the difficulties of dealing with diagnostic trouble codes.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:49 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

10-4. Does this eliminate egr cooler problems? Sorry if i am asking to many questions i to am one of those who is nervous to void the warrenty on a $40k truck. I just would like to avoid the egr system acting up on me if i can

Old 07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by UGA33
10-4. Does this eliminate egr cooler problems? Sorry if i am asking to many questions i to am one of those who is nervous to void the warrenty on a $40k truck. I just would like to avoid the egr system acting up on me if i can
This can indirectly assist in preventing EGR cooler failure, but only at a marginal level. Gasses will pass into the cooler no matter if the valve is open or not- but with the valve always shut, this will help reduce the internal temperatures of the cooler- but not all the way down to regular coolant temperature. In order to do this, the back exhaust feed from the uppipe to the cooler must be physically blocked; via a freeze plug or a EGR delete pipe kit.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:54 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Appreciate the info matt

Old 07-22-2007, 12:10 AM
BC Powerstroke
Senior User
Awsome Logo and fantastic news of the economy files.
Thanks for my new tunes yesterday I'll be trying them for the first time tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:12 AM
BC Powerstroke
Senior User
Cool Logo, suits you and fantastic news regarding the economy files.
Thanks for my new tunes yesterday I'll be trying them for the first time tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Reave1
Senior User
well being the nervous nelly that I am, I am thrilled to find out that you have fixed the stock program. Matt if you could shoot me an E-mail @ Reave1@aol.com I would love to get in touch and buy the SCT with those three new tunes.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 AM
FordSVTCobra
Senior User
Will users see a 3-4 mpg increase with the "Stock-Plus" tune as well?

Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 AM
04Xcursion
Tuned
That's fantastic news Matt. I know there have been a lot of us that have been waiting on pins and needles for these tunes. I know I can't wait to try them out.

Great work on developing a tune for those folks who want the benefit of a tuner without the risks. Goes to show that your customer service is second to none.

Jason

Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 AM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FordSVTCobra
Will users see a 3-4 mpg increase with the "Stock-Plus" tune as well?
I dont think so(may be wrong) because the fuel maps and INJ pulse are unchanged.......

Quick Reply: Spartan Diesel Ultra Economy and Stock Plus files released