Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Postmaster

powerstroked162 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.powerstroked162 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
tri-city FTE members

How many of you diesel power junkies live in the tri-cities?

Cowboy Steve
Hellmann Performance
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Senior User

RickF350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I live in Kennewick ,but I doubt I qualify as a diesel junky... Although, I am trying.lol
Swamps FICM, STC bracket, Blue spring, HFCM Drain Plug, Pioneer AVIC-D2, Fumoto valve, Line-X, ScangaugeII, Edelbrock IAS, 08 Ford alloy wheels, UWS slimline toolbox, C-Betr mirrors, Gentex auto dimming mirror W/ homelink, compass & temperature, Zoodad mod, Bull Rings bed anchors
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Postmaster

powerstroked162 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.powerstroked162 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
haha, nice. Do any business with Diesel Performance Unlimited?

Cowboy Steve
Hellmann Performance
Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Senior User

No, but I believe they did some work on my friends Excursion. Are you thinking of having some work done there?
Swamps FICM, STC bracket, Blue spring, HFCM Drain Plug, Pioneer AVIC-D2, Fumoto valve, Line-X, ScangaugeII, Edelbrock IAS, 08 Ford alloy wheels, UWS slimline toolbox, C-Betr mirrors, Gentex auto dimming mirror W/ homelink, compass & temperature, Zoodad mod, Bull Rings bed anchors
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Postmaster

hahahaha, absolutely not. Those guys..... well no need to bash. You drive a 6.0? How do you like it? Buy it in town?

Cowboy Steve
Hellmann Performance
Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Senior User

Sounds like you had a bad experience with Diesel Performance.

Compared to my old 97 K2500 5.7L the 05 F350 PSD 6.0L is just plain awesome. I'm still amazed at how the PSD pulls my camp trailer so easily down the freeway at 70 mph. The 5.7L at the same speed would be screaming and the transmission would hunt for gears.

I wanted to buy local but I found a better deal in Spokane. In fact my last three vehicles were purchased in Spokane. I guess the dealers around here are too proud.lol
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroked162
hahahaha, absolutely not. Those guys..... well no need to bash. You drive a 6.0? How do you like it? Buy it in town?

Cowboy Steve
Sounds like there should be a post in the 'Recommended' Thread

I started that one so we can help each other with recommendations on places to go or not.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 07-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF350
Sounds like you had a bad experience with Diesel Performance.

Its not that I had a bad experience with them personally but its the fact that they dont have the foggiest clue on how to tune a PSD. they're cummins junkies, which is fine but to single out the PSD cause word for word from their mouths "Is ancient and wont make enough HP to hang with the others." Is BS. They dont have the an idea on whats the best bang for the buck. They only use superchip tuners. They told me my Dp-tuner was no good and that superchips was the way to go. i laughed myself outta the building when i heard that. I ran the dyno down there and they said my truck with all its mods only made 277hp. I took it to spokane and made 472hp. I have yet to approach DPU about this but im going to as they told me 7.3 PSD's would never make over 450hp. My rant for the day....

Compared to my old 97 K2500 5.7L the 05 F350 PSD 6.0L is just plain awesome. I'm still amazed at how the PSD pulls my camp trailer so easily down the freeway at 70 mph. The 5.7L at the same speed would be screaming and the transmission would hunt for gears.

They're goo trucks. Any PSD is a good truck.

I wanted to buy local but I found a better deal in Spokane. In fact my last three vehicles were purchased in Spokane. I guess the dealers around here are too proud.lol
I feel ya. the locals are a joke. I buy outta E-burg or Moses-hole

Cowboy Steve
Hellmann Performance
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placermike
Sounds like there should be a post in the 'Recommended' Thread

I started that one so we can help each other with recommendations on places to go or not.
Where's that thread at. i'd be happy to warn the crowd.

Cowboy Steve
Hellmann Performance
Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroked162
Where's that thread at. i'd be happy to warn the crowd.

Cowboy Steve
It's one of the 'Sticky Threads' and titled 'Recommendations:Aftermarket/Used Parts '

Mike

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter

Tags
city, ford, tri, truck, wa