Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Kthebo Kthebo is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10
Kthebo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile Just inherited a 1961 Ranchero

Just inherited a 1961 Ranchero that needs work. It has 2 complete rebuiltmotors with it and tons of extra parts. Can anyone tell me what something like this would be worth? Is anyone interested in it or can lead me to someone who knows alot about this truck. I am a woman and know nothing about this type of truck.

Thanks kthebo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Col Flashman's Avatar
Col Flashman Col Flashman is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: La Verne, California
Posts: 3,727
Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
In '60 the Ranchero was based off the Falcon chassie til the early '70s. The engine family used in the Falcon/Ranchero/Mustang was the 144/170 Special/200/250 I-6's, w/ a Special Order Option of the 289 v-8.

Value depands on the overall condition, None drivable/missing parts, $50.00, to only driven on Sundays to Church/Pick-nicks all original, $20,000.00 plus.

We'll need to view some Pix from you & a better description in order to give you a better Guesstimation of the Olde Girls value.
__________________
Cheers
Colonel Flashman
Vermilion '58 Mercury M-100 HP 312 I-6 w/ HP C-4
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Kthebo Kthebo is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10
Kthebo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi COL Flashman,

I will take some pictures and send them to you and maybe you can advise me on what I just inherited. Whether its worth anything or not.

Thanks
Kthebo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2007, 01:03 AM
lsrx101 lsrx101 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lorain County, Ohio
Posts: 1,775
lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthebo
Just inherited a 1961 Ranchero that needs work. It has 2 complete rebuiltmotors with it and tons of extra parts. Can anyone tell me what something like this would be worth? Is anyone interested in it or can lead me to someone who knows alot about this truck. I am a woman and know nothing about this type of truck.

Thanks kthebo
It's worth $150 and I'll be there tomorrow morning to take that large burden off of your shoulders.

There is a 62 Ranchero local to me (that my 17 YO daughter has fallen i love with), that "needs work". It runs great, is in shi**y red primer, with ratty interior, not rusty. They're asking $3500, won't take $2300 cash. Without pics or a good description, the ballpark is pretty big. Your location matters a good deal too. I'm in northern Ohio.
Good Luck.
__________________
Sometime I wish I didn't know now
The things I didn't know then.
Give me something to believe in!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 AM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 56,213
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsrx101
It's worth $150 and I'll be there tomorrow morning to take that large burden off of your shoulders.

There is a 62 Ranchero local to me (that my 17 YO daughter has fallen i love with), that "needs work". It runs great, is in shi**y red primer, with ratty interior, not rusty. They're asking $3500, won't take $2300 cash. Without pics or a good description, the ballpark is pretty big. Your location matters a good deal too. I'm in northern Ohio.
Good Luck.
Since ALL the Rancheros, regardless of what year they are, use the station wagon's floor pan....which includes the foot wells and the spare tire well, water can leak in from the Ranchero's bed floor, which was caulked to the bed sides, and back of cab originally. Rust is VERY common in these areas, and will not be visible. Find a lube rack, and put it up in the air. Use a flashlight and a magnet, and watch out for fresh undercoating!!
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / SoCal Chapter Member / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM
jschira jschira is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Arlington, TX USA
Posts: 3,424
jschira is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
Since ALL the Rancheros, regardless of what year they are, use the station wagon's floor pan....which includes the foot wells and the spare tire well, water can leak in from the Ranchero's bed floor, which was caulked to the bed sides, and back of cab originally. Rust is VERY common in these areas, and will not be visible. Find a lube rack, and put it up in the air. Use a flashlight and a magnet, and watch out for fresh undercoating!!
Agreed.

The floor/rear wall behind the seat and the dog leg in front of the rear wheels almost always has rust from water sitting in the rear seat foot well.

These rust-prone areas are slightly different from a coupe or sedan.
__________________
63 Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon
10 F250 Lariat 6.4L
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Kthebo Kthebo is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10
Kthebo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am near Grand Rapids, MI in Lowell, MI. Not too far from Norther Ohio. Would you be interested in the 61 Ranchero. I am going right now to go take pictures of the car but I am not sure how to send it on this site. I do know how to send pictures by email. Do you have an email address I can send them too?
Kthebo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
lsrx101 lsrx101 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lorain County, Ohio
Posts: 1,775
lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
Since ALL the Rancheros, regardless of what year they are, use the station wagon's floor pan....which includes the foot wells and the spare tire well, water can leak in from the Ranchero's bed floor, which was caulked to the bed sides, and back of cab originally. Rust is VERY common in these areas, and will not be visible. Find a lube rack, and put it up in the air. Use a flashlight and a magnet, and watch out for fresh undercoating!!
That's good to know. I'm not familiar with Rancheros in general but I always wanted an early 60s one.
I didn't look really close at the one near me after I heard the price. There were no holes or visible body work, but the interior was pretty bad. The mechanicals were all a little worn. Probably an easy resto, but $3500 was a bit too high IMHO. It was a well used car.
__________________
Sometime I wish I didn't know now
The things I didn't know then.
Give me something to believe in!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
lsrx101 lsrx101 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lorain County, Ohio
Posts: 1,775
lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthebo
I am near Grand Rapids, MI in Lowell, MI. Not too far from Norther Ohio. Would you be interested in the 61 Ranchero. I am going right now to go take pictures of the car but I am not sure how to send it on this site. I do know how to send pictures by email. Do you have an email address I can send them too?
Kthebo
I'd sure like to see those pics. My email is in my profile. I'm not sure how to post pics here myself. Anyone?
__________________
Sometime I wish I didn't know now
The things I didn't know then.
Give me something to believe in!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 56,213
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsrx101
That's good to know. I'm not familiar with Rancheros in general but I always wanted an early 60s one.
I didn't look really close at the one near me after I heard the price. There were no holes or visible body work, but the interior was pretty bad. The mechanicals were all a little worn. Probably an easy resto, but $3500 was a bit too high IMHO. It was a well used car.
No such thing as an easy resto. I see that sentence on fleabay all the time. Usually whatever vehicle it refers to, is a worn out old rolling pile of misery.

Restorations: Whatever you figure cost wise will double and may even triple as the project progresses.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / SoCal Chapter Member / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
lsrx101 lsrx101 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lorain County, Ohio
Posts: 1,775
lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.lsrx101 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
No such thing as an easy resto. I see that sentence on fleabay all the time. Usually whatever vehicle it refers to, is a worn out old rolling pile of misery.

Restorations: Whatever you figure cost wise will double and may even triple as the project progresses.
Yes, easy is a very subjective word. The car isn't a rusty used up hulk with a knocking motor and no brakes, etc. So, easier to resto than that.
__________________
Sometime I wish I didn't know now
The things I didn't know then.
Give me something to believe in!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Kthebo Kthebo is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10
Kthebo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I could not figure out how to post the pics in a reply, I worked on it for 2 hours, but I did post them in the MI club section for they had a browser I believe it was in the classifeds, that made it easy. I also dont know how to look up your email address in your profile. Here is my email kthebo@comcast.net, drop me a line and I will send the pics to your emial.
kthebo
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Col Flashman's Avatar
Col Flashman Col Flashman is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: La Verne, California
Posts: 3,727
Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthebo
I could not figure out how to post the pics in a reply, I worked on it for 2 hours, but I did post them in the MI club section for they had a browser I believe it was in the classifeds, that made it easy. I also dont know how to look up your email address in your profile. Here is my email kthebo@comcast.net, drop me a line and I will send the pics to your emial.
kthebo
If you place the Mouse Pointer on the Appropriate Name & then Click on it, a Pop-up will appear & give you the info you need.
__________________
Cheers
Colonel Flashman
Vermilion '58 Mercury M-100 HP 312 I-6 w/ HP C-4
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:38 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline

Tags
1961, 289, ranchero

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup