2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein 5100s

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
kxmorganxyz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bilstein 5100s

Has anybody put these on an 07'? I have a 07' Lariat SuperCrew with a Truxx 3" leveling kit and I want to put the 5100s on at the 0" setup. Experience with them and part numbers would be great. Thanks.

Kevin

Old 07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
AceSC
Freshman User
I just put some on my 04. I also added some larger rubber, 285/70/17 Wrangler Silent Armor. So far the only difference I notice is the ride being just a bit stiffer than stock. No more bounce, and roll resistance while turning is greatly reduced. However I got mine installed at my local dealership and it seems the tech that installed them was either new or just wasn't very knowledgeable. When I dropped off my truck, I got a call back about 30 mins later. It was my service rep he told me the tech said "it could not be done". So I was like "WTF", apparently he said the spring mount was missing and the one from the old shock body could not be removed. So I had to drive back and show him that it would work. To make a long story short, the tech ended up installing my leveling shocks on the 0" setting which means it defeated the whole purpose of getting leveling shocks. I'm going to go back and have them redo it. The shocks came with c-clip placed at the highest setting, so I'm not sure why we lowered it, considering that the truck was getting bigger tires mounted. I guess the tech was an airhead. I'm sure you will be happy with the 5100's they make the ride feel a whole lot more solid.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AceSC
I just put some on my 04. I also added some larger rubber, 285/70/17 Wrangler Silent Armor. So far the only difference I notice is the ride being just a bit stiffer than stock. No more bounce, and roll resistance while turning is greatly reduced. However I got mine installed at my local dealership and it seems the tech that installed them was either new or just wasn't very knowledgeable. When I dropped off my truck, I got a call back about 30 mins later. It was my service rep he told me the tech said "it could not be done". So I was like "WTF", apparently he said the spring mount was missing and the one from the old shock body could not be removed. So I had to drive back and show him that it would work. To make a long story short, the tech ended up installing my leveling shocks on the 0" setting which means it defeated the whole purpose of getting leveling shocks. I'm going to go back and have them redo it. The shocks came with c-clip placed at the highest setting, so I'm not sure why we lowered it, considering that the truck was getting bigger tires mounted. I guess the tech was an airhead. I'm sure you will be happy with the 5100's they make the ride feel a whole lot more solid.
Hey I know that tech.He's worked at several dealerships.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 PM
AceSC
Freshman User
Haha, yep that was him alright. I couldn't believe the guy was so uninformed. I was even having second thoughts after hearing his "It can't be done" statement. Looks like I should have, hehe. I'm going to have them make it right otherwise I am going to go have a talk with the GM. Oh yeah and just to clarify, I meant less roll on turns. I made it sound like the truck would roll more, duh Ace.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
BrianFX4
Senior User
Are these for just the rear or do they make a front strutt for these trucks as well?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
kxmorganxyz
New User
It's my understanding that the front strut is adjustable to 0,1,2 inches but I already have the leveling kit.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
BrianFX4
Senior User
Hey kxmorganxyz I have the same issue...I have a leveling kit as well.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM
kxmorganxyz
New User
Everything that I've been told is that if you leave the 5100s at the 0" setting they will replace the stock shocks.