West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

Two questions & comments from Morgantown area

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
RadarRick
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two questions & comments from Morgantown area

1. Who all is from the northern WV area, say from about Clarksburg north? Reason I am asking, is that I suggest that we all meet (as in a get together) about once a month, find a place to eat out, say on a Friday night. There are enough restaurants in the Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown areas that we could rotate. Nothing formal just Ford people getting together and having some good fun and food and talking Ford. What about the first Friday of every month....

Starting with August 3rd at Poky Dots in Fairmont, say 7pm. They have a back room we can reserve.

2. What is everyones elses hobbies? Anyone a WVU sport fan? What about any Ham Radio operators?

Lets get the ball rolling. Anyone else interested in the Poky Dot idea? Please respond ASAP.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:39 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Great idea Rick....I hope it works out. I'm a bit out of range to show up but if you start meeting regularly, I may be able to schedule a meeting at our office in Fairmont and just happen to be able to stop into one of your meetings.

Good Luck!

Joe

Old 07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
mech2161
Posting Guru
I'll ckeck the schedule, but sounds like a good idea.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 AM
RadarRick
Junior User
Morgantown/Fairmont/Clarksburg monthly get together

O.K.....I see that we are moving in the right direction.

Does anyone else have any better day of the week once a month? I just suggested the first Friday of the month cause that is pretty easy to remember and Friday is usually free for most, not to mention Saturday mornings USUALLY mean some sleep in for most.

Any other suggestions?

What about once a quarter versus once a month.....

I would like this to 'work' the best for everyone, so need your feedback.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Outlawwv
Senior User
once a month would be good -- i'm in grafton so all those places are about equal distance away -- not into ham radio but i do use a cb everyday and am building a killer galaxy 99 with a 450 hd palomar kicker -- sending the radio to clay's in texas for a tune up and a couple minor repairs -- am currently using my spare, galaxy 88, slightly modified by cobra shop in morgantown -- as far as the chapter goes i check in about everyday and try and put my 2 cents in on what ever is being discussed when ther is something

Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I am 2 miles south of Clarksburg, do I count?

I can probably make that unless it is an early time.
We have a couple out of town jobs going on right now.
If I am working in Elkins 7 PM would be about the the time I could get there unless I come straight from work.

Never been to Poky Dots, driven by it a bunch though.

I have seen several club meets at DJ's Cafe just off the Kingmont Road exit beside the airport though.

With the pulling schedule I would say Mech2161 would have the most trouble making it on a Friday night.

Hobby.....this is it.

Last edited by Dave Sponaugle; 07-10-2007 at 10:07 PM.