Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Nervous Dad...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nervous Dad...

Well, I finally broke down and let my daughter borrow my truck.
She's a good driver and all but since I drive, uhm, "unique" vehicles I have simply not allowed the kids to drive them , period.
She has a job lined up in Niagra so she needs to get there and back until she finds a place and buys her own vehicle. Ok, so maybe Dad will buy her a vehicle?
I'm not worried about her driving or safety, hell that 30 year old truck is built like a tank and should sustain just about anything. It is a little quirky though and at times you need to know how to fix this or that to keep the truck happy and my daughter is not one start turning a wrench or screw driver.
She is also nervous about Dads wrath if she mess's up my truck, which is not a bad thing but honestly there's not much she can do to it that I can't fix ....once I get the truck home. May have to call Al help!

Oh well wish me luck, I should stop pacing the halls in a few hours

Frank

Old 07-05-2007, 08:01 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it'll be fine...we hope...

Old 07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How old is she Frank? Is she a "new" driver? You could go buy her a SMART car.

-Matt

Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you say your daughter is a safe driver and she is afraid of your wrath if she messes up the truck then I dont think that you need to worry about her driving, but rather the driving of everybody else on the road.

On second thought maybe that might have just added to the fire, sorry.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
She'll be 21 in a couple of weeks but only got her G2 at the begining of this year.
Having a grumpy old man with antique vehicle didn't make it easy for her to practice driving I guess. Same for my son who is a year and a half older than her but still hasn't got his G2. Insurance costs are another reason I never encouraged them to drive.
She called me on her way ther complaining of no AC! I haven't got around to hooking it up I said, Besides, with two vent windows and a rear slider you don't need AC, unless your stopped. She was stopped,..lol
When I got home I noticed my stack of empties was gone so I called her to say thanks for taking care of the empty beer bottles. She says she needed the gas money,.... I didn't have the heart to tell her just how far she would get on the money from half a dozen empty cases of beer!!

So if anbody sees a young lady with a white '76 F100 on the side of the road in the Niagra on the Lake area.....toss her a few bucks for gas!

Frank

Old 07-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
My dad bought a new car every 2 years until he stretched his budget to buy a 74 Gran Torino Elite with POWER WINDOWS. The silver paint all flaked off in two years and instead of trading he had all repainted and decided to keep the nicest car he ever owned. I got my license on a Friday and wrote it off on the Monday. My passengers bailed when they confessed their parents told them they couldn't drive with me. I still have a centre cap for that car if anyone needs one. Now my son is 16 and I know how you feel Frank. He got his G1 and on his first lesson we were in the drive way and he asked me which way he needed to turn the wheel to back up. Not a good start

Old 07-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking At least he asked

The wheel thing I mean.
Remember there are no dumb questions just dumb people.

I would say you both have no problems.

And Frank I would be proud if I were you that your Daughter will drive an old Ford truck because my guess is all her friends except some of the cooler guys will think she's crazy to be driving Dads Old Clunker Ford Truck. LOL.

Rick.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:34 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Funny how things change, I bought my first car when I was 14 years old, for $50! Now there's a story for a whole other thread!
I couldn't wait to get my license, my kids just didn't have the same sense of urgency towards driving.
Actually, my Daughter doesn't mind the truck, she even corrects her friends when they call it an F150! so I did something right!
The Falcon, on the other hand she hates because it's so ugly. Which it is with 4 doors and 13" wheels but the fun part is that all her friends think the car is cool!or should I say "sick"??

That Torino wasn't red with a white stripe was it? Trying to act out like your favourite TV cop? Never give away that centre cap, in fact hang it from your rear view mirror as a reminder for your son!

Frank