Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
New chapter leader needed

I think we need to vote on a new chapter leader.

This place is about dead since Fitter (Mike) went missing.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

FTE Moderator IDI diesel forum

WV Chapter Member
Old 07-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Good idea.

How about you or Rod?

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Post Fiend

Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
I am not sure I could handle being the chapter leader as well as the moderator in the IDI diesel forum.

It does take a bit of time to go through all the posts every day.
Right now with all the summer stuff going on, it is not to bad, 1/2 or 3/4 of a page of posts each day.
But this winter and early spring there were many days I had two pages of posts to go through every day.

It would also take a bit of time to do the chapter as a minimum, a little more than just the minimum is what this chapter needs right now though.
It was just starting to take off rather good when Fitter sold his truck and went MIA.
So the new CL would have to start from scratch again.

4 threads with several replies in the last month, 8 threads with several replies in the last two months.
Two threads showing when I set the page to show threads with new posts in the last week.

Maybe it is just because I am used to 20 or so threads a day in the IDI forum right now when it is slow and 50+ a day during the winter that the WV forum seems dead to me.

Someone needs to at least say something every day to get this rolling again.
I guess if no one else wants the job, I could try it for a while.
Till the weather gets bad my time is rather limited though.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member

Last edited by Dave Sponaugle; 07-05-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Your Thoughts?

Rod, how about you? Would you have time?

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 07-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Posting Guru

mech2161 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mech2161 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Guys I think your missing a whole group of people keeping all the get togethers south of Clarksburg. I'm on several different boards and know there are many Fords (diesels) in the Morgantown area. To wake up this forum there needs to be some expansion for more exposure.

South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken

Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Post Fiend

Kevin, the last couple meet and greets attempts have been in the Sutton Lake area since it is about as central as you can get in WV.

Only one of them actually happened, 3 people from WV and two from Georiga showed.
1 from Charleston, 5_labsownus (Rod)
1 from Parkersburg, Fitter 565 (Mike)
Myself from Clarksburg, Dave
The Georgia chapter leader and her husband who happened to be on vacation at Point Plesant visiting family. F350woman (Michelle)

We had a great time though.

Year before last, a member from Weston, Crazz (Richard) and myself had a little get together at Weston, everyone else could not get a date that was good for the rest of the members.

Last year nothing happened although we talked several dates, you and I meet at the truck pull although that was barely a meeting since you were in the middle of competition at the time.

This year msgtg (Joe) is trying to get a truck show together at Pipestem.
I intend to make every effort to go just to see who turns out in the end.
Given my gearing it will probably take me four hours just to drive down unless I settle for the 10 MPG drive at 70 MPH.
Two years ago there should have been 10 to 15 people there from WV, but as I said three showed.

Yes Pipestem is right much out of the way for most of the northern and eastern parts of the state, but at least someone has picked a date and a place.

This is how we did it two years ago.
Someone picked a date, place and time.
Those who wanted to go showed up.

Last year every time a date was picked, it was not good for someone.
Once again we were talking Sutton at the lake.
Since there was never a date good for everyone, nothing happened at all.

These days everyone seems to have to many irons in the fire to make plans.
So far it seems not to many people will say "**** on it I am going anyway, the other stuff can wait".
Our chapter leader is MIA for almost a year now.

So now you know the rest of the story.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 07-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Posting Guru

mech2161 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mech2161 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There's a truck pull in Reedsville I believe it's Aug 3rd or 4th. Close to Morgantown, maybe we could do a simple get together to stir up some new blood.

South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken

Old 07-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Post Fiend

Just my 2 cents worth....

We obviously can't please everybody so we compromise for the sake of having an event. As Dave said, Pipestem is out of the way but I just happend to have access to the facility and wanted to make something happen.

Rod and I agree that there are folks who want to get involved but setting up a meet can be a chore that most folks don't want to deal with. Our thoughts on this year's show are that if we get enough folks to show and participate, we'll do a survey of the participants to determine where to do the show next year. I certainly don't mind taking a trip somewhere else and if it's near a lake or some other recreational outlet, so much the better. My corporate headquarters is in Fairmont so that 4 hour drive is do-able for me.

This dialog is important so lets see if we can get some others to chime in with their opinions.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Posting Guru

Believe me, you don't have to please me. I'm only makeing the point that the same old thing just isn't working. This chapter has always been centered around the middle of the state. Where it so happens to have the least population. I don't contribute for the same reasons I have watched so many others make an appearance then disappear. It's a shame that your compromise is just more of the same.

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Senior User

Outlawwv is starting off with a positive reputation.
i agree that we need a new chapter leader -- i emailed fitter last time and he showed up for a couple of days and then disappeared again -- how bout mstg i vote for him with dave seeminly having his hands full with his idi duties -- as far as the show goes i plan on being there
Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Post Fiend

I'd sure like to hear some others chime in here. There are supposedly almost 1.000 members in WV. We need to hear from more of them.

Mech lives up north...lets hear from more of the members up north.
I (MSgtG) live down south....I'd like to hear from other members from the southern part of the state so that we can figure this out.

Joe

Old 07-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Post Fiend

To much summer stuff going on.
To many vacations going on.
This place has been so dead for so long.

I told trigger it would take two or three weeks before we heard from many of the WV members.

"I dig dirt"

FTE Guidelines

WV Chapter Member
Old 07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Post Fiend

Well, I'm here if folks want to talk.........

Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Postmaster

FTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to all
Idunthave1yet
Im still keepin' an eye out... ..And stuck it for some exposure
Old 07-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Post Fiend

C'mon here folks.....we need to hear from some of the other members!

1) Your thoughts on a new Chapter Leader
2) Thoughts and ideas on how we can improve the Chapter
3) Your plans for the Truck Show in September
4) Any comments you want to be heard

Thanks,

Joe

Old 07-09-2007, 07:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter