6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Blown tuned 08

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackhat620
Ah ignorance is bliss. Guess what they can detect the inline fuel modules very easily, and the Edge is one of the easiest to detect.
We seem to be on the same page again as usual, lol. These guys I swear. If you cant afford to pay for the damage then dont put a tuner on your truck. I have a ford tech friend as well and I was advised that they can tell everything and the least detect-able tuner to them is the SCT box. They said EDGE is a joke cause when it modes the ECM program in your truck it stays in the comp and it stats a EDGE code when the dealer pulls your comp files up on the laptop, whether its plugged in or not. You guys just keep wishin that they wont notice but believe me they will.

As far as the cooling system goes, Im not gonna disagree with that but your friend is a moron if he blew that thing up. You guys and your stories make for great laughs on my end. I know Admin is rollin to, haha

Cowboy Steve

Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Riata_Ag
Senior User
Originally Posted by yzracer322
Its serious enough for me to trade in my modded 06 with 34,000 miles on it to get a new 08. Sure made me feel like I was driving a time bomb even though I never had any problems at all. In fact I almost bought a Dodge, after test driving one, my mind was made up on the Ford, much nicer truck.
I assume you work for a Ford dealer, man, wasn't you taking a chance thinking about buying from another dealer, and on top of that a Dodge??

The part of Texas I live in I know 4 people who have worked at a dealership, bought vehicles somewhere else because they got a better deal, and they was fired from their job.

But, since your handle is YZRACER, and I too own '05 YZ 250 I know you are a risk taker........haha

later on & keep it pinned
ra

Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
I took my Lawnboy to the local Lawnboy shop and they declined my warranty because I used an Iridium spark plug to get some extra power out of it. haha this thread is full of Hot Air .

Old 07-05-2007, 01:40 AM
darsey715
Senior User
Originally Posted by yzracer322
I work for a dealer, any water in oil related problems at our shop, an engineer is sent down to inspect, if any mods are done warranty is denied and the truck is basically branded from then on.
any mods? if it has bigger tires you deny warranty? just trying to find out what you mean by "any". thx.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:25 AM
yzracer322
New User
Any engine related mods, as in a tuner of any type, exhaust and I was told even an air intake.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jvoigt
I took my Lawnboy to the local Lawnboy shop and they declined my warranty because I used an Iridium spark plug to get some extra power out of it. haha this thread is full of Hot Air .
OK, here it is, (in my own opinion). I've always been honest with my customers (including the ones that I really dont care if they are my customers or not), Can I see if there has been a tuner or chip installed then removed? Yes, some easier than others. Can I provide beyond a shadow of a doubt proof of this? No. My own thoughts on this, I ask the customer if he has made any "enhancements", because my knowing this will help my diagnostics of his problem. I am not interested in warranty issues, I just want to fix your truck. When you remove "all traces" of your chip or tuner, you also remove all traces of your problem. I can spend a lot of time (that I wont get paid for) on a "no problem found". Ford doesnt pay for NPF. If you are dishonest with me, I have the option of "We need to keep your truck for an extended period of time", or repeated visits at $100 deductable each time. Someone that is dishonest enough to try and defraud Ford, and take my livelyhood away from me, doesn't need me to try and give the best service available. So, the next time you need warranty work done, bring it to me, I'll help you right out.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Typical stealership attitude right there, haha.

Cowboy Steve

Old 07-05-2007, 06:54 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Originally Posted by powerstroked162
Typical stealership attitude right there, haha.

Cowboy Steve
If giving a thief a hard time makes you a "stealership" employee, I guess I'm guilty.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
The stealership attitude is when you keep a truck longer then you should just to torque a guy off cause he didnt tell you he had a tuner. Thats grade A horsesh1t my friend. I dont agree that the guy didnt be a man and say "You know yeah i do have a tuner" but for you to stoop to his level and opt to keep his truck for a couple days, charge him more money over then next guy. This is a stealership employee attitude that keeps the good guys from comin to ya. You ruin your livelyhood your ownself with actions like this, not the guy who lied to you, IMO.

Cowboy Steve

Last edited by powerstroked162; 07-05-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
vloney
Postmaster

The stealership attitude is when you keep a truck longer then you should just to torque a guy off cause he didnt tell you he had a tuner. Thats grade A horsesh1t my friend. I dont agree that the guy didnt be a man and say "You know yeah i do have a tuner" but for you to stoop to his level and opt to keep his truck for a couple days, charge him more money over then next guy. This is a stealership employee attitude that keeps the good guys from comin to ya. You ruin your livelyhood your ownself with actions like this, not the guy who lied to you, IMO.

Cowboy Steve
FYI I have a loyal customer base, they are hard working, honest people. I regularly ask their opinions (including this topic). They agree, they are thieves, not deserving of a good service visit. I have several diesel customers with extensive modifications. They understand we will try to correct their concerns, but if it cant be done under warranty, they dont mind. I've been in this business too long (31 years) to put up with thieves.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by vloney
OK, here it is, (in my own opinion). I've always been honest with my customers (including the ones that I really dont care if they are my customers or not), Can I see if there has been a tuner or chip installed then removed? Yes, some easier than others. Can I provide beyond a shadow of a doubt proof of this? No. My own thoughts on this, I ask the customer if he has made any "enhancements", because my knowing this will help my diagnostics of his problem. I am not interested in warranty issues, I just want to fix your truck. When you remove "all traces" of your chip or tuner, you also remove all traces of your problem. I can spend a lot of time (that I wont get paid for) on a "no problem found". Ford doesnt pay for NPF. If you are dishonest with me, I have the option of "We need to keep your truck for an extended period of time", or repeated visits at $100 deductable each time. Someone that is dishonest enough to try and defraud Ford, and take my livelyhood away from me, doesn't need me to try and give the best service available. So, the next time you need warranty work done, bring it to me, I'll help you right out.
Vloney,

I understand the whole aspect of what you are talking about, I have prettymuch kept all the Fords I have ever owned stock except for the general exhaust and intake upgrade and most of the time I dont ever feel the need to get a tuner. I think the guys who make the tuners should take over the engine warranty when their tuner damages your engine but thats just what I think.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:35 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Vloney-You obviously have not been following my posts in the tuner threads. I agree that they shouldn't get powertrain warranty work if they have used a tuner. Once you hook up a tuner you better be understanding that from there on out its pay to play. What concerns me is the way you treat these people. So they lied to you, dont help them. But to charge them money over the next guy and shaft him outta his truck for a day or two is wrong and it gives the good dealerships bad names and it makes the rest of the good guys not want to go back to the dealerships after we hear these horror stories of you "thieving" people outta their money cause they were dishonest. Your no better then he is, he tried to steal warranty work(as you call it), so you steal money from him in return. Like the old saying goes "There's no honor amongst thieves" And thats all you are is a thief yourself. No better then the guy your bashin.

Cowboy Steve

Last edited by powerstroked162; 07-05-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Why should the tuner company have to pay for the engine damages? The guy who buys the tuner understands the risks of the game, thus he should be the one to pay for the screw ups. Tuner companies tuners dont blow engines as a daily thing. its called operator error, and it happens frequently. These guys should do their homework before buyin the tuners. They need to understand they loose powertrian warranty the minute its hooked up. They should also know the outcomes of using a tuner, both the good and bad. These morons who hook 'em up and go are the ones that give threst of the decent greedy folks a bad rep and usually are the ones who get these foolishly bold statemnets goin by these anti-tuner folk and stealership whackos.

Cowboy Steve

Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My vote is with vloney on this one. If you mod your truck tell the tech up front. The tech is paid by the job not the hour. By the owner not being upfront with the tech the tech wastes valuble time diagnosing a problem and not getting paid for the extra time it takes. If people don't want to treat me fair then i don't feel any need to treat them fair in return. And if someone costs me money by being dishonest i have no problem doing whatever it takes to recover the lost income from them.

In addition both dealer mechanics and private mechanics are paid flat rate per job, so if you are not honest with them and cost them wasted time and money how long do you think they are going to give you good service?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:43 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vloney-You obviously have not been following my posts in the tuner threads. I agree that they shouldn't get powertrain warranty work if they have used a tuner. Once you hook up a tuner you better be understanding that from there on out its pay to play. What concerns me is the way you treat these people. So they lied to you, dont help them. But to charge them money over the next guy and shaft him outta his truck for a day or two is wrong and it gives the good dealerships bad names and it makes the rest of the good guys not want to go back to the dealerships after we hear these horror stories of you "thieving" people outta their money cause they were dishonest. Your no better then he is, he tried to steal warranty work(as you call it), so you steal money from him in return. Like the old saying goes "There's no honor amongst thieves" And thats all you are is a thief yourself. No better then the guy your bashin.

Cowboy Steve
Sorry but you are way off base on this one. vloney or any tech gets paid flat rate, so by the customer being dishonest, vloney or any tech spends extra time they are not paid for diagnosing and fixing the problem. So if they decide to cost this customer some money or of loss of use of their truck it is fully understandable.

Quick Reply: Blown tuned 08