Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Senior User

one_wicked_element is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Fox Pontiac Buick GMC =

I just bought my 2001 F-250 from them on the 25th of June. I was working with Name Removed - the salesman, and we worked out a deal that we were both happy with.

Less then 24 hours later, I had an Airbag light on my dash flashing at me. I called Name Removed and let him know that I was worried about that light flashing at me. I told him I was busy that week (I was going out of town, and I was selling my Camaro). I let him know I had an appointment with the local Ford dealer on Monday July 2nd (his lot is over an hour away from me). He said to find out what was wrong with the truck and they would try and help cover the costs.

Total costs: $387.00.

It needed the passenger side air bag senor, and the clock chain on the driver side (I think it was something call clock chain??).

I called Name Removed, and let him know the cost, and the name & number of the Ford dealer doing the work. He said he would let me know about coving the costs.

Blah blah blah, he called me today to say that they can't cover the Airbag light/repair because it wasn't doing it when it went off the lot. I think it's a bunch of Bull*****. I am not bitching about anything else with the truck. I know I bought it "AS-IS". I am 100% fine with some of the other things not perfect with the truck (because the price reflects that). I am only worried about the safety features.

Am I wrong to bitch about this? I don't think so. It was less then 24 hours when this happened.

If you want, call Name Removed in Used Cars and ask why he won't help Name Removed out. Removed phone number. I would have been happy if they would have just gave $100 bucks - something to show he would keep his word.

They are located in Comstock Park Mi.

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 07-03-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Removed name and contact info for flaming.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Unfortunately when you purchased it "AS IS" per the sticker. You don't have any legal recourse on this. Only way would be if he had written that he would cover safety items for X period of miles/time. Some dealers do this. Most don't. Depends on what quality of vehicles they are selling.

We went threw this on a used vehicle several years ago and didn't win.

Last edited by bigredtruckmi; 07-04-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
even as-is, They might have a policy that requires all trucks to pass a safety check before i can be sold.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Hey Wicked...sorry to hear about your troubles with the truck...I work in sales at a dealership in a state that is not allowed to sell as is...everything going off the lot has a warranty. I don't think that you have any recourse against the selling dealer...you knew it was as is...and I assume that you are of legal age in your state and able to enter contracts. In the past I worked briefly at a dealership in an as is state...I always sent the customers away in their "new" vehicles with the following reminder..."Congratulations Mr. Customer on your vehicle...there is no warranty either expressed or implied...if it breaks in two as you drive out of the lot...congraulations...you now own two cars not one!!!"
Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Senior User

Well, they called and offered to pay half of the repair bill. This is more then fair with me. I'm glad they decided to keep their word.

I understand "AS-IS". Bought to keep stringing me along saying they try and help me out and being oh so friendly up until the last minute is BS. Anyways, they said they are sending a check out, so all's well that end's well.

Why was their named edited out? If I said I got a sweet deal from them and everyone should go there and buy a truck, would that have been edited out as well? It's something to think about if you're going to edit their name out. Good or Bad, it's service that people should know about.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Postmaster

John311t has a good reputation on FTE.John311t has a good reputation on FTE.
What motor you got in that truck? J/W.

The name was probably edited out to prevent scammers from using that information.

04 GTO<---RIP, you were an awesome car.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John311t
What motor you got in that truck? J/W.

The name was probably edited out to prevent scammers from using that information.
I got the V10 in it.
I couldn't find a Diesel in my price range.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
It's the sad truth about purchasing a used vehicle; Once you leave the lot, you are on your own. I purchased a classic Pontiac a few years ago off of a lot, just before I left I noticed the brake lights and rear turn signals were not working. I told the manager I wasn't taking delivery of the vehicle until the lights were repaired. He balked, so I also informed him that when I grew up my Dad was in the car business and I knew it was illegal to sell a licensed car in the state we were in that didn't meet certain safety requirements, 2 of which were working brake lights and turn signals, not to mention the 3 day "buyer remorse" clause written into the purchase agreement, also by state law.

I was told to come back in 24 hours, at which time they repaired the turn signals/brake lights, changed the oil and lubed the chassis, detailed the car and filled the tank for me.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter