Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

What do we have to do to get action

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation What do we have to do to get action

What do we have to do to get more posts and action in the Louisiana Forum? Myself and Blksiryder are both trying to organize some sort of events. I am in North Louisiana and he is in South Louisiana. I know that I am up for suggestions. In the fall I am going to the Superlift offroad park. Right now I know for sure that I have 3 people going with me. Louisiana is a small state so I can travel all over the state.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
blksiryder
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

ok how about this. i am going to ohio from the 15 till the 24th how bout the 28th we get something going i'll even buy 2 kegs and we can just kick somthing off. i'm paying hell i'll even bring my grill if some one wants to bring the food. how can you trun that down free bear and food if i half to. i just need a good number of people so i don't just get bear and it not get drank. all let me know

Ryder

Old 07-06-2007, 04:53 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Sounds good!!! Unfortunantly I will be back at work in west Texas. I come home the 11th and go back to work the 24th. Maybe you'll have some takers. Im always up for a good keg party.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:12 PM
blksiryder
Elder User
with all the rain mud fish deer turkey trucks somthing you would think we would have more people wanting to get up and do somthing. maybe there just slow to post

Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Most of the places that we used to go is now private property. They like to try to get people arrested for tresspassing. The only places to ride is at mud bogs or races. I used to race my truck but it was drag racing in mud. Now most every thing has went to horse shoe tracks. My truck is too clean to let some one run over it and bend it up. It does seem that people would want to get together and do something.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
blksiryder
Elder User
i just don't get this i offer up free beer and no takers. lets get some trucks and make a big mud hole somewhere. hell i'll even drive to texas

Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
blksiryder do you want to go to arkansas when i go? Im up for the big mudhole thing. Anywhere we can ride in south louisiana without going to jail?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
blksiryder
Elder User
what are the dates that your going? i'll be happy to take some leave and brake my truck. if i brake parts just means i can put better parts on.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
I dont know yet. It will be in september or october. If we break them we can upgrade.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:29 AM
blksiryder
Elder User
ok ok i'll even bring the food i could get some ribs and i'll even cook
so we have trucks+beer+bbq= a craptastic time someone pay attention to the LA. forum please. what do i have to do to get people to have a good time even ehan its free. pay for the fuel to get you there?

Ryder

Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Im almost thinking that we are the only ones here. All we are asking is to post. Lets just get some conversations going on. Ill ask in the other forums.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
blksiryder it looks like I will be going to Hot Springs around the first weekend in October. It's not quiet set in stone yet. I have some friends that have 70 model broncos and one with a 79 bronco and a jeep. I know that I have 2 friends going maybe a few more before then. I was up there last week with my camper I kinda scouted out the place. I didnt go in the park but the scenery is good. Can't wait to wheel in the mountains.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:09 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to check out the La forum when I joined back in 2005, but no one was ever here.

I'll take ya'll up on the free beer, but unless ya get more than 8 people, one keg would do the trick. https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...156389&width=0

I'm located more in Central/Southern La (Ville Platte in Evangeline Parish).

My family owns some land that would be perfectly legal to go on, but it's too bad for any of us to go on. I might be able to make it though, but not back(it's in the woods, and there is only one way to turn around, and no truck can make it).
Needed a winch once, a tractor twice, and one time it started out with one person stuck, then it ended up being 10 trucks, and 6 got stuck.

Other than that there is a mud bog in Abbeville(near Lafayette) that cost $10 a truck to go in, but I don't think they'd like the keg idea. They used to say no drinking, but they know that's not going to happen so now they say no bottles.
Here's their web site: www.duhonsmudhole.com I've been a few times, and it's not to fun unless you have several people to go with. They usually have one about once a month.

What do ya'll think about something like that.
I'm just about finished swapping transfer cases on my truck,(I'm also trying to put some limiting straps and change a brake line) so I might be able to go, but I have no idea how I could get there(no insurance or trailer). Got any ideas about that one?

Last edited by MBBFord; 08-02-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Vill platte would work for a get together. I could be there in less than three hours.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:18 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know where we could meet around Ville Platte(I don't have acess to any good muddy fields to justify the trip) ... What do ya'll think about that place in Abeville?

Just curious, how would you get down here? trailer or do you drive your truck?

Quick Reply: What do we have to do to get action