Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
It seems quiet on the forums today

It is only 2:30 PST, and I guess I have started the Saturday Nights Loosers Club early... lol

Kinda quiet on here. Good news, I recieved authorization for surgery to get my torn rotator cuff repairs, so maybe within a month or month and a half I will have two good arms again! Maybe get out in the garage and get some work done. It will be nice to get out on the motorcycle again also.

Oh well my mind is wandering, nice day though.

David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 & 72 IH Fleetstar 6V-53 MT41 - dump trucks - both are AUTOMATICS! O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Good luck with the surgery!...I just got online...been crabbing...Beautiful day, and I think most are just out there doing something.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 06-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Elder User

Eric C. is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was putting the roof on my wife's new garden shed. Now goto get cleaned up and fix dinner and get ready for company tonight.

I Love the smell of Diesel in the Morning, It's the smell of $$$$$$$
Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Elder User

Mr. M is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanlyr
It is only 2:30 PST, and I guess I have started the Saturday Nights Loosers Club early... lol

Kinda quiet on here. Good news, I recieved authorization for surgery to get my torn rotator cuff repairs, so maybe within a month or month and a half I will have two good arms again! Maybe get out in the garage and get some work done. It will be nice to get out on the motorcycle again also.

Oh well my mind is wandering, nice day though.

David
I've had three shoulder surgeries...my shoulder liked to separate after my junior year of high school football. The one that worked the best for me was when they built a fake rotator cuff out of polyurethane and bolted me down with titanium rods!

Had that slapped in when I was 20 and its lasted 6 years so far! I can hunt (shooting right handed again) fly fish, throw a baseball, and wrench on my truck with both arms!

Woot for Western medicine, plastic and metal aftermarket body parts!

"Track Rat"-TopasBlue on Cinnamon -3.2L 6spd,11.5:1 CR, JVT Headers/Borla Exhaust, RE pullies, ESS tune, 4.10's, GroundControl Coils, UUC Sways, Rotora 4 piston F&R BBK, 171 mph (closed track) 313 rwhp Dynojet-SAE- 12.88 107.4 mph
Old 06-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Elder User

brentleedragon is starting off with a positive reputation.
i hung drywall on the ceiling....................... lord kill me but its overwith lol

-All The Hype That Money Can Buy-

Join The Washington Chapter .... because wherever we go that is where the party is at.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
But now you have to mud and tape! That's almost as bad as all the sanding before you can paint!
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 06-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
I decided to take nap.. Yawn. I think I overslept a bit, lost most of the day. It does look like a nice evening.

Placermike - Crabbing sounds like fun, not sure I could do much with the pots though right now

Been there and done that on both the roofing and the drywalling! Not sure I would want to take on either of those projects right now.

Thanks all for the good wishes on the surgery. I am a bit aprehensive, at 48 I guess I have been lucky, I have never had to have surgery like this before. I can say that I am not looking forward to the actual surgery, although I do like the idea of being able to say, pull a cylinder head easily again!

Hmmm .. now what is on the History channel tonight ?

Regards, David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 & 72 IH Fleetstar 6V-53 MT41 - dump trucks - both are AUTOMATICS! O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Elder User

brentleedragon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
But now you have to mud and tape! That's almost as bad as all the sanding before you can paint!
i just finished sanding an entire 1600 sqft (give or take) basement, have to texture that on monday, and I hung the ceiling today, soo tired, I actually dont mind the taping and muding, the sanding i hate who doesnt?

-All The Hype That Money Can Buy-

Join The Washington Chapter .... because wherever we go that is where the party is at.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanlyr
Thanks all for the good wishes on the surgery. I am a bit aprehensive, at 48 I guess I have been lucky, I have never had to have surgery like this before. I can say that I am not looking forward to the actual surgery, although I do like the idea of being able to say, pull a cylinder head easily again!

Good luck on the surgery. Rotator cuff repair alone is pretty minimal. Follow the rehab closely and adhere to the arm down time requested by your surgeon.

Look into DMSO cream for pain afterwards. Works wonders and doesn't require 1000mg of ibuprofen continuosly in your system to work as an anti-inflammatory.
"Track Rat"-TopasBlue on Cinnamon -3.2L 6spd,11.5:1 CR, JVT Headers/Borla Exhaust, RE pullies, ESS tune, 4.10's, GroundControl Coils, UUC Sways, Rotora 4 piston F&R BBK, 171 mph (closed track) 313 rwhp Dynojet-SAE- 12.88 107.4 mph
Old 06-30-2007, 11:11 PM

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
I tore mine years ago, but never got surgery. No insurance... Took seven years before the pain went away. Still don't have much strength when I reach up over my head... But it doesn't hurt anymore!
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Postmaster

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
bunny ....what was the good bye smack for?...(SNL)...I've been a good boy.!..

Old 06-30-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubeee1
bunny ....what was the good bye smack for?...(SNL)...I've been a good boy.!..
That was a 'Good-Night" kiss! Silly! Next time I'll say, "Muah!" Then you'll know what it is!

Last edited by Snowbunny; 06-30-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
That was a 'Good-Night" kiss! Silly!
TMI!

No tonsil hockey on the FTE forums please!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M
TMI!

No tonsil hockey on the FTE forums please!

No tonsil hockey! Just a nice peck on the cheek!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter