1969 t bird heads

Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 AM
awfulaggravated
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1969 t bird heads

i maybe buying a set of 1969 t bird heads, what should i look for as far as casting #'s and how much of a performance gain would i be looking at from my current d3 heads, i'm not sure what the cost of them is going to be, i know they will need a (little cleaning up), any info would be helpful as always

Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if they are truly 69 tbird heads the casting will be C9VE, they are the same thing as DOVE heads and about the only thing you will gain is compression and the extra power that a boost in compression brings (they don't flow any better than the D3VE heads) you will also find a slight power increase in the weight reduction of your wallet because your going to also need to buy new pushrods, and rockers as well as the gaskets and whatever work they need done, as well as the probability that you will need to buy higher octane gas to keep it from pinging.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:47 AM
awfulaggravated
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like the gains are not worth the fuss, the d3 heads seem to be good , i had the d2 heads on there and just about everyone told me the only thing the d2 heads are good for is kkeping your boat in one place on a windy day, so i went with the d3 heads, i just dont have the scratch for a set of aluminum heads, not yet anyway

Search this Thread