2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Houses

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM
FORD7445
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I See Everyones Point. I Think I'm Going To Stop Going To My Local Grocery Store, I Have Been Going There My Whole Life And They Will Not Give Me Wholesale Price. Do You Guys Think They Are Ripping Me Off. I Have To Pay List Price For All My Grocerys, Its Not Fair.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Roller1
Freshman User
Thats not even the same thing. Why pay more when you dont have to? Not all grocery stores are the same on price either so most people shop around or go where they fell they are getting the best value for the money.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM
FORD7445
Junior User
Wholesale Price Is For A Shop That Is Going To Resale The Part, Not For Everyone. I'm Not Sure Why Everyone Thinks They Should Get Wholesale. I Don't Expect Wholesale Prices For Tv Parts, Fast Food, Grocerys.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:19 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
My gripe with paying list price at the local Ford dealer is because 9 times out of 10 I can buy the part(s) cheaper online at fordparts.com or y2k and pay shipping on the parts and still get the parts cheaper w/shipping $$ than the list price the local dealer charges.
I have had a couple instances when buying extra large parts online where the shipping charges were so much that it was cheaper to pay list price at the local dealership.The prices were way cheaper online but they wanted $100 to ship a FX2 lower valance,the same thing when I bought an OEM bed mat.
My other gripe is because I have a connection at a GM dealer where I can get GM parts below list price.

Last edited by NASSTY; 07-02-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
soxfan81
Senior User
Originally Posted by NASSTY
My gripe with paying list price at the local Ford dealer is because 9 times out of 10 I can buy the part(s) cheaper online at fordparts.com or y2k and pay shipping on the parts and still get the parts cheaper w/shipping $$ than the list price the local dealer charges.
I have had a couple instances when buying extra large parts online where the shipping charges were so much that it was cheaper to pay list price at the local dealership.The prices were way cheaper online but they wanted $100 to ship a FX2 lower valance,the same thing when I bought an OEM bed mat.
My other gripe is because I have a connection at a GM dealer where I can get GM parts below list price.
The same here why would I pay more to buy it from the dealer I purchased the truck from. When I can get it from Y2K for much less and they don't even know me, seen me, and I will never purchase a truck from them. It isn't even close to what the dealers in South FL want for parts.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:40 AM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
you are right, just don't complain when your dealer is gone. ford is shutting down a lot of dealers. they have already closed 2 in indy

Old 07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Exploder02
Senior User
My Take: I think it has everything to do with the dealer--we have three "bigger" ones in my area; had so-so experience at one (stopped going there), but one of the others has been very good; even have gotten wholesale pricing on some items (the guy said that the price on a few items was out of control, so he gave me wholesale--I checked, he really did... even at wholesale Ford made a killing on it). I've found most of the dealer parts superior to your Autozone, etc. type parts... but there are things I'd go aftermarket on. So, I guess my message is find a good dealer near you, if none are around, go online or elsewhere.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
soxfan81
Senior User
Originally Posted by benningstspeed1.0
you are right, just don't complain when your dealer is gone. ford is shutting down a lot of dealers. they have already closed 2 in indy
I live in south Florida I have 5 dealerships within 15-30 min and 3 of the 5 I hate and will never give them business again anyway. I went to the dealer to add keyless entry on my truck they quoted me $800 to add a door handle with a keypad and plug it in. I got the part from y2k for $50 and did it myself in 1.5 hours. I think with sevrice like that they should go out of business. Also they said that the other option is the keypad that is stuck to the truck anywhere you want and that was $300. I want the dealerships to make money but I am not going to pay $50 or $100 more than it would cost me online from another Ford Dealership selling the same part.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
I Am Not Definding Stupid Dealers. I HatE Greedy Dealers Too, Because They Make My Dealer Look Bad. People Shouldn't Go To Dealers With Bad Service. Just Don't Group TheM All Together As "stealerships" Because Not All Of Them Are. ANY DEALER CAN MATCH THE PRICE OF THE THE PARTS ON Y2K

Last edited by benningstspeed1.0; 07-03-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:52 PM
ranger88a
Elder User
I agree with benningstspeed1.0! I too get tired of the greedy dealerships! But, I also get tired of getting lumped in and called stealerships!!!! Not all have bad service and I personally get tired of the stigma just because I work at one! Otherwise, why would some of us be here trying to help? Just as what was said before, LOOK for a good one, they are out there!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
soxfan81
Senior User
Originally Posted by benningstspeed1.0
I Am Not Definding Stupid Dealers. I HatE Greedy Dealers Too, Because They Make My Dealer Look Bad. People Shouldn't Go To Dealers With Bad Service. Just Don't Group TheM All Together As "stealerships" Because Not All Of Them Are. ANY DEALER CAN MATCH THE PRICE OF THE THE PARTS ON Y2K
Why won't they match the price I would prefer to get to know John Doe the parts guys at a Ford Dealership. I don't like aftermarket parts I only buy Ford parts that not the issue with me it's getting a decent price from a local dealership.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
ranger88a
Elder User
Because, we at smaller dealerships cannot buy at a discount price from Ford. So we get very little markup on most parts. When we can, we do the best we can do for the customer however. At least here where I work.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Steve91
Senior User
Going back to my post about my Volvo's transmission, it still isn't fixed after five visits to the service department, despite the fact they put a new transmision and control module in. Obviously, they aren't attacking the actual problem, and are just throwing parts at it. Very expensive parts.

How much respect do you expect me to show for the dealer's service department (or Volvo)?

I have now referred it to Volvo customer service, and It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've worked for two different parts stores, and one service shop as a service writer and technician. I am not factory trained. There are two Ford Dealers in the immediate area, and 16 chain parts stores (no autozone, thankfully).

There are two things I can guarantee from a installers point, if you want to overpay for a part, and lose your *** selling it back to the customer, buy it from a dealer.

From a customers standpoint, if you want the problem fixed, there are two shops in this town (not the dealers) that have some of the most experienced mechanics and they KNOW what they are doing, and they charge the same labor rate as the dealer ($78/hour), but they fix it the first time and they only bill for the hours quoted or actual time taken. I know both owners of each shop personally, and have dealt with them for several years.

So, benningstsspeed, you can come in and accuse all shops and parts stores of not knowing anything and overcharging all customers, yet turn around and say that another user can't blame all dealers for being crooked? New car dealers are only one step above scumbag used car dealers, and most new car dealers also sell used cars (this is their real money maker, buy something for 1/3 its value, then wash it and sell it for full retail)

Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
FORD7445
Junior User
Hay Mat , We Get About 5 To 10 Phone Calls A Day From Good Repair Shops That Needs The Dealers Help To Fix A Problem. I Have No Problem Helping Them, I Understand I Need Them And They Need Me. If I Have A 95 F150 With The Valve Cover Leaking I Will Take It To A Good Repair Shop, But If My 06 Has A Problem Its Going To The Dealer. I Understand There Is Bad Dealers But Its Unfair To Say All Are Bad.

Quick Reply: Parts Houses