Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Freshman User

trmann is starting off with a positive reputation.
Locked keys in truck

Hi all I have a 2001 f 350 crew cab that I have locked the keys up in. My question is do these have the chip in the key or can I get the vin number and have one made? oh ya wallet locked up in their also.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Junior User

OTP is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2001 F250 did not have any chips in the key, so I doubt yours does. Why not call AAA or the fire dept and have them open the car to retrieve the keys?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior User

the Goat is starting off with a positive reputation.
A hammer through the windows is the easist way to get the keys out. Bahaha.

No searously find a friend who has a AAA membership and ask them to call it in for you. I've never seen the wrecker driver ask to see the AAA card bacause they already have all the info passed to them from AAA.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Freshman User

trmann is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi goat had the hammer in my hand but thought differently. I live a good ways out of town but remember one time taking a vin number to the dealer a getting one made. Can you still do that? Oh ya this is my freinds truck so guess the hammer idea would have made him mad.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Postmaster

riggz has a good reputation on FTE.riggz has a good reputation on FTE.riggz has a good reputation on FTE.
i'm pretty sure taking the VIN to a dealer won't work as any car theif could do the same thing. just call a lock smith or get a wedge and a long metal rod and pop it open yourself.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Posting Guru

yamaguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The blue wrench would open it right up. Be sure to take pics!
Dale PAA #47
03 F-350 XLT cc LB 4x4 7.3 psd 369,000 MI 9' 2" BOSS Ploy Vee

97 F-250 XLT Extend-cab 4x4 7.3 240,000
Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Freshman User

ovrrdrive is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can't you pop out the back window on these trucks?

I got in to my toyota that way once. It took me 10 minutes with a spray bottle of soapy water to get in and grab the keys, and button her back up.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Rather Be Floatin

RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Costa Kaldanis
If you have power door locks cant you use the factory provided door unlocker tool on the right front fender? I have locked my keys in the truck before and that tool was just long enough to hit the unlock button.
2" Leveling Kit, Hutch/Harpoon, Foil Delete Mod, Upgraded boots, Undone CCV Mod, A/C Improvement Mod, GPR LED, Michelin LT285/75R/16 LTX AT2's, TRU-COOL cooler, Train Horns
Old 06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Road Runnin' Copper W

Lonewolftx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBoat
If you have power door locks cant you use the factory provided door unlocker tool on the right front fender? I have locked my keys in the truck before and that tool was just long enough to hit the unlock button.
What R U talkin' about . . .

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
'06 F250 PSD CC SB LKR Fx4 20" Whls Dk Copper
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=130356&.jpghttp://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=136189&.jpg
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Senior User

Dogwood36322 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think he is talking about the antenna.
1998 Mustang
Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Posting Guru

edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Come on y'all have you forgotten about the tennis ball thing!??
Airlift Wireless Remote to pump 'em up

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edjunior
Come on y'all have you forgotten about the tennis ball thing!??
I had forgotten about that stupid video!

Seriously, take off the antenna. Force it into the cab between the rubber and the glass, press the UNLOCK button and you're home free.

Otherwise, get a ride to Harbor Freight and get a Slim Jim.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 06-27-2007, 11:03 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmann
Hi all I have a 2001 f 350 crew cab that I have locked the keys up in. My question is do these have the chip in the key or can I get the vin number and have one made? oh ya wallet locked up in their also.
No chip in your key. Helpful folks here answered that same question for me last week. You've already heard how to get it unlocked from others.

Good luck with your "friend".

Bill
Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Senior User

broncoman604 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The wife and other family members have done this with several vehicles, They just went to the dealer with the vin, and verification of ownership, picture I.D, and usually something with the vin and owners info on it. Just call the local dealer and ask. Also two of these vehicles had the chip in the key, but didn't mater just to unlock the door, however they would not start the vehicle. What ever you do just don't take a slim Jim and try pushing and pulling in the door to get it unlocked, if you can't get a key get someone that knows what they are doing. The wire thru the door rubber is the best thing next to a Key.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Posting Guru

cgl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a spare key wired to my frame in a spot only I know. That's the best way in. I also have spare key somewhere inside the truck, so in case I do loose my key, I can use the clean one instead of the grimey one from underneath. OH and on my 02' the Unlock button on the door becomes disabled after (I think) 15 minutes. Or maybe it's only when the Lock button is pushed on the FOB.

-Rich
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
06, 2001, 250, antenna, expedition, f150, f350, ford, jim, keys, locked, ranger, slim, spot, unlock