2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a new truck...and a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:50 PM
bassaway
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a new truck...and a couple questions

My new '07 finally arrived and I have a question about the stereo. In a Lariat on the dealer's lot, I was able to tune to a radio station and the display showed the name of the song currently playing(this was fm radio, not satelite). My truck is also a Lariat with the audiophile and I am unable to get any fm station to display the song title. Does anyone know why this could be or how I can activate this feature? I was unable to find any information in the owner's manual.

Also, when I am idling with my foot on the brake (such as at a red light), I can feel a vibration through the brake pedal. The vibration is very high frequency, much like a electronic massager. Anyone else experiancing this? Thanks.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
04 FX4 Lineman
Elder User
NOt sure about the radio but the vibration is not normal take it back to the dealer let him check itout??

Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
irishammer
Senior User
I don't have one but I will ask the obvious...did you check in the menu to see if it is enabled? Might be something in there...worth a look.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
gcozmo
Senior User
There is a option in the menu that enables it. I can't remember which one it is but there are several options in there. There should also be a seperate brochure in the owner's manual that explains the options.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 AM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
On the vibration...
A few months back I beleive we had a thread related to the vibration that you may be feeling. Iirc, most people including myself seem to think its some sort of resonance coming from the factory exhaust set-up.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
FHBrian
Junior User
It is something called RDS or radio data systems I think. I know in my 04 Expy it had it and you had to turn it on. My unit had a RDS button. And the other thing is that not all radio stations broadcast the rds signal. On mine some stations just sent the station name, some song and artist, and many sent no RDS signal at all.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
sixt5
Freshman User
As far a I know, the satellite mode is the only one that will display the programing data. At least that the way it is on the setup that I have on my new '07 XLT Screw.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
press and hold in the menu button (I think) to turn it on, or that at least get's you into the options list to turn it on. re-read your owner's manual a little closer, I know it's in there.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
bassaway
Senior User
Thanks for the responses. I read about the RDS in my manual the first night I had my truck and the next day I turned that feature on. On some of the stations it displayed the music genre and/or station name. None however displayed song title. Even the station that I previously saw the song and artist on another Lariat on the dealers lot was not displaying the song and artist on my new truck. Maybe the station just decided to stop broadcasting that info. Thanks anyway fellas. Now if I can only figure out that brake pedal vibration!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I've had several RDS stereos and the data service is intermittent. Depends on the quality of the signal and if the station is broadcasting all the song info. Sometimes they will receive all the song info and other times all you get is the station ID. Fortunately there is a solution to this problem: HD radio or satellite radio.