Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Already Planning the Next G2G

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Already Planning the Next G2G

The cinged hair hasn't grown back yet, but I did take a shower, and no longer smell like a campfire...Thought it would be a great time to work on ideas for the next G2G.

Here are my thoughts:

East of the Cascades (Perhaps Leavenworth up north, or Tri-Cities area to the south)

I did start a thread in the Oregon Chapter to see if there might be interest in having a dual state G2G...If that was a possibility, I think a location near the border and central of the states would work best.

I know that most members reside near the sound area, but I hope with advanced notice and a more central location that we can have members from both edges of the state attending.

Heck, if you think about it...a 150 mile drive can be faster than waiting on ferries...I spent about 2.5 hours going 38 miles...1.5 hours was spent staged at the ferry dock....Glad I had beer and smokes...LOL

Old 06-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Leavenworth would be a four hour drive for us, but would be way closer than Whidbey! I like that idea really well! I'm all for it!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks to me like ellensberg is the exact center of the state. If we did it someplace around there it would b pretty centralized. I know that we have many options. If you go to Mapquest dot com and get a map of wa it puts a star on the center of the state. Check it out

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=wa&zipcode=

Lake Easton st park is a nice place too. it is 30 miles west of ellensberg

Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Do we want to try and plan a place that will allow us to play with both boats and trucks?

Old 06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Talking Ellensburg

The Ellensburg Rodeo...The Tradition Lives On!

The Ellensburg Rodeo is one of the "old rodeos." It has earned its place as one of America's Top 25 professional rodeos. Started in 1923 with the same volunteer spirit that still "fuels the fire" of today's volunteers, the rodeo has grown from a local competition among ranch hands to the Professional event of today with over 500 contestants and prize money in excess of $250,000! Today's best riders, ropers, and wrestlers compete in what many consider to be the best rodeo arena in the nation. The Friday night opening performance starts in the evening and ends under the stars. The Saturday and Sunday afternoon "perfs" feel electrically charged by the brilliant blue sky. It all leads up to the Labor Day Monday Championship Finals... the best of the best dueling in the dirt!

Surround all this with the fun of the Kittitas County Fair, the old-west hospitality of the City of Ellensburg, and you can understand why in Ellensburg, it's "More than just your average rodeo." Join us now by opening any of these pages to learn more about "The Ellensburg Rodeo."

Possibilities!...If we go near here, anyone interested in doing some riding?...I will find out what the entry fees are!...Getting a bit old, but think I can still make at least a 6 second ride for *&*^! and giggles...Or atleast a good laugh!

Last edited by Placermike; 06-25-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Tri-Cities

Ellensburg got me looking at the Pendleton Roundup...If we wanted to do a G2G with the Oregon Chapter, the Pendleton Roundup is the middle of September...Haven't been there in years, but know it's fun!.

Never took a chute there, but do know the atmosphere is close to that of Cheyenne during the Frontier Days (In the Old Days)...I did see that they added Wild Cow Milking....ROTFLMAO...I thought ours were fun to milk at 0430, especially the green ones.... Can't imagine how funny it would be to milk a wild one. (Will assume they are talking about a 'green' one.)

Old 06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, they're MORE than green! They are truely wild! I think that this event is the first time they've ever been touched by human hands! It's quite a thing to see! Funny as he**!

Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
everything is far for me....i live on the border with idaho :-)

Old 06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
Oh, they're MORE than green! They are truely wild! I think that this event is the first time they've ever been touched by human hands! It's quite a thing to see! Funny as he**!
That almost sounds like Uncle Bob telling us ...'It doesn't hurt much', then he would start laughing his **** off...LOL I miss Lander, but don't think I would be willing to live that hard life everyday.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
nighthawk285
Posting Guru
I don't know about the Round Up.....thats one of those where it'd probably be a first round of intros, then just sit and watch the rodeo and don't really see each other all day...just my .02 though.....I like the Leavenworth idea......Leavenworth, Ellensburg, Wenatchee...they have some nice campsites there too in the Wenatchee Forest....I've heard Leavenworth is fun, just haven't been there myself....

Mike, people say im at that "bulletproof" stage in my life, and you wouldn't find me up on a bull......you got bigger ***** than me my friend

Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by nighthawk285
I don't know about the Round Up.....thats one of those where it'd probably be a first round of intros, then just sit and watch the rodeo and don't really see each other all day...just my .02 though.....I like the Leavenworth idea......Leavenworth, Ellensburg, Wenatchee...they have some nice campsites there too in the Wenatchee Forest....I've heard Leavenworth is fun, just haven't been there myself....

Mike, people say im at that "bulletproof" stage in my life, and you wouldn't find me up on a bull......you got bigger ***** than me my friend
Pendleton has gotten very big over the past twenty years...My guess is that you would have to be on the circuit in order to get a ride. Ellensburg has entries from Ranch to Pro...Ranch is where I would fit in.

I was looking at the broncs!...They are much smaller than the bulls, and I am not getting any younger...Still love the fun !

In my younger years, we used to trade turns jumping on the bull and having the buddy shoot the nuts with a BB to get them really going...That was good, until they got close to a barbed wire fence....What the heck...There was nothing better to do in Wyoming.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Well, I'm not a bull rider, but after a few found beers I'm sure I'd give it a shot to the hospital. I'm with Marty, he has that griddle and myself and boys liked those pancakes, french toast, eggs and bacon. Guaranteed breakfast provide we bring the fixins. I do have the boat and it is ready to travel as well. Holds ten people and tops out at 62mph w/no skier or tuber. Anyplace sunny is best.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:55 PM
742504x4
Junior User
Over here in the Ellensburg-Cle Elum area there are tons of places to camp and boat. Lake Kachess, Lake Cle Elum, Wenatchee, Entiat(Near Wenatchee), and Vantage just to name a few. Just camping is also abundtently available all over the hills here. We are getting into the time of year when the weather really shouldn't be a concern unless sunburn is a problem. We are only 1.5 to 2 hours from Seattle and 3 to 3.5 hours from Pullman. Ellensburg is the geographic center of the state. Would love to have a G2G around here.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Ellensburg-Cle Elum area has a lot going for it -- central location, camping, lakes -- it's an allaround nice part of the state.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up Change of Plans, Until Next Summer

After giving much thought, and considering the fact that summer is about half over, I thought it would be a great idea to have a G2G that would incorporate the following:

- Close to most of the members (Sea-Tac area)
- One afternoon (Perhaps a picnic or Pizza and Beer)

I know we are all very busy with the warm weather, and soon things like school will be comming up. However, I think we can take an afternoon off, and have some fun, rather than trying to plan a trip.

Please give your thoughts, ideas, potential locations and willingness to attend.

O ka noi ! (Not an acronymn...Hawaiian)

Mike