General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

They walk amongst us...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They walk amongst us...

I was at the checkout of a Wal-Mart. The clerk rang up a $46.64 charge. I gave her a $50 bill. She gave me back $46.64. I told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor and gave her back the money. She became indignant and informed she was educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the money back again...same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64 in my hand!
------------------------------------
I walked into a Mickey D's with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a sandwich. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said, "buy one-get one free." "They're already buy-one-get-one-free," she said, "so I guess they're both free." She handed me my free sandwiches and I walked out the door.
One day I was walked down the beach with some friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked up at the sky and said, "Where?"
While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every monring. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the ast, and has for some time, she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff!"
I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what the hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.
My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "Has your plane arrived yet?"
While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces of 6. He thought about it for some time before responding, "Just cut it into 4 pieces. I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6."

Old 06-25-2007, 12:22 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.
I would have upped my order to 10 cases.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by dono
I would have upped my order to 10 cases.
That's the first thing I thought when I read it. Free beer...hello...were these guys drunk already?

freeeeeeeee beeeeeeeerrrrr

Old 06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
wassabe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy I work with asked me what day Christmas is on. I said Saturday. He says OK, but what day is Christmas eve on? I said I don't know, but when you find out let me know.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Keepin It Real
Elder User
On my first carpentry job, I cut a board too short. So I cut it again and it was still too short. I changed jobs after that.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This happens often...I go inside to a fast food joint to place an order. I tell them first that this order is to go. After I place the order, at least 70% of the folks...any age...ask me "is this for here, or to go?".

My check-out pet peeve...The person in front of me has all their items scanned and the cashier tells them how much. It is not until then that the lady starts fumbling in her purse looking for check book like she just realized that she might have to PAY for her stuff.

I asked one gal, at a little country convenience store, if she had change for a ten. She said she probably does but, not sure how many quarters she could give me.

I don't even want to get started on turn signals

I told my oldest daughter...years ago...to get an oil change and rotate the tires on her car. She looked quite perplexed and stated that she thought the tires were turning just fine.

Last edited by kw5413; 06-25-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
53fatfndr
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by kw5413
My check-out pet peeve...The person in front of me has all their items scanned and the cashier tells them how much. It is not until then that the lady starts fumbling in her purse looking for check book like she just realized that she might have to PAY for her stuff.
A lot of people get irritated by this. But, I gotta say, I am one of those that watches each item ring up on the cash register. I have caught a few items where they charged the regular price instead of the sale price, or worse. Even though I pay cash 99% of the time, you can't keep an eye on the prices that are ringing up if you are writing your check or whatever. People are in such a hurry now days, what's another 15 seconds to wait for someone? JMO

Old 06-25-2007, 03:14 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Originally Posted by 53fatfndr
People are in such a hurry now days, what's another 15 seconds to wait for someone? JMO
What's wrong with having your wallet out prior to the checker starting the process? What's wrong with looking over the receipt after the check out process is done?? And if 15 seconds is no big deal, why is fifteen cents???
And while we're talking about the checkout line, why is it that no matter what line I get in, the person in front of me invariably writes a check!?

I went to McDonald's many years ago and ordered the 2 cheeseburger meal. The girl asked me if I wanted cheese on them...

Last edited by stu37d; 06-25-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
53fatfndr
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by stu37d
What's wrong with having your wallet out prior to the checker starting the process? What's wrong with looking over the receipt after the check out process is done?? And if 15 seconds is no big deal, why is fifteen
Who said it was only 15 cents? And why would you want go back to through the register just to get a refund that if you were paying attention in the first place, you wouldn't have to I always have my wallet out, I'm just saying, some people really get an attitude with some people for no good reason

Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
That's why I'll always use my debit card or cash, and never a check. A) I don't feel like wasting 15 seconds of my life to write all of that useless crap, and B) all the places around here are going to that thing where they scan your check and give it back to you, and frankly, I don't want 200 checks in my wallet.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:47 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
its not only 15 cents, one time they tried charging me like $42 for a pack of ribs that were really on sale for like $5, i caught it on the screeen display.

i don't see what is wrong with using cash or a card, i love it even more when they have to dig through their huge bag they carry looking for there check book, then they have a conversation to the cashier while writing the check, no attention or care that there are others waiting in line.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:28 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
another 15 seconds to wait for someone? JMO
You haven't been behind the same ones I have been.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 PM
53fatfndr
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by kw5413
You haven't been behind the same ones I have been.
Have you ever seen The Big Lebowski, and he writes a check for $ .69 for a quart of milk?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:05 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Have you ever seen The Big Lebowski, and he writes a check for $ .69 for a quart of milk?
I always feel like crap for buying a pack of gum or something with my debit card in the self checkout line at Walmart...make the people behind me wait for an entire 20 seconds while I do the button pressing.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
It was YOU!!!!

Quick Reply: They walk amongst us...