Computer Chips & Tuners  

Can't find it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000, 10:16 AM
jimp
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find it.

Ive looked all over the truck and can't find my computer.94 F-150 ext cab 4x4 302 mass air. I have a calif truck because I have found most 94's don't have mass air. I have looked behind the drivers side kick panel, not there. I have tried to follow the wireing harness of the 76 pin connector on the inside of the cab and engine compartment and can't see anything. The computer was described as a 2x6x9 inch box. Can't see this.
will some one please take a picture and send it to me. I'm going crazy. looked for this about 4 hours total. I also can't see where a new chip will plug in also. help, help, help, please!!!!!

Old 10-24-2000, 08:55 AM
sport
Freshman User
Can't find it.

Not sure about yours, but in my '92 model you had to unbolt the parking brake pedal and remove the plastic panel behind it. You could just see the top of the computer. The other end of the computer stuck through the firewall.

'00 F-250 XLT CC SB V-10 3.73LS Silver\Graphite

Old 10-24-2000, 09:30 AM
D
Senior User
Can't find it.

Your computer is located behind the drivers side kick panel. The reason it is hard to see is that the computer sticks through the firewall to attach to the wiring harness. Very little of the computer is actually visible from the inside of the truck. It can be removed either from the inside by removing the park brake assembly or from under the hood. The wiring harness is at the point where the plastic fender liner meets the firewall on the drivers side. You will have to do a bit of wrangling to remove it from under the hood as the computer will hit against the fender liner. The fender liner is plastic and will bend quite easily.
Danny

Old 10-26-2000, 08:51 PM
hotrodford_88
Posting Guru
Can't find it.