My exhaust project

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
ken0001
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My exhaust project

Hey guys, I am on vacation from the sweatshop now until July 9th!!!! I think I have finally decided what to do for my exhaust for now. I have a 1988 F-250 with the 4.9 I6 EFI. My muffler fell off the other day, and due to the two massive cats it really didn't make much difference, so I decided on a 3" straight pipe from the cat back, I live in RI, so I will have to change this eventually, and hope I don't get pulled over. If you guys have any input please share. Eventually I will changing to a high flow cat (need advice on this), with 2 3/4" pipe into a Flowmaster 40's series exhaust with a 3" out the muffler!

I will be posting pics of my straight pipe as soon as I get it on. Any advice, suggestions about either of my exhaust ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks my friends

Ken

Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 PM
ken0001
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well, scrap the exhaust idea, about 15 mins ago I changed my oil, I slam the hood shut, get in my truck, sit in my seat and think to myself what I always think before turning her over "yep, this is gonna good"(I really love turning my 300 over ). So anyways....I put the clutch in, then put put the brake on, what the??? why does my brake pedal have the consistancy of a breast implant???? ok lets think this over, I kneel down, and put the brake down with my hand.........psssssst, pssssssssssssst. No way, I get my wife to come out and put the brake down, I get under the truck, sure enough an eruption that would have made any old school oil tycoon smile, comes bursting out of my back drivers side brake line.............................................y es my friends, I blew a bloody brake line.................oh well, my exhaust will have to wait, but I still love my truck!!