Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Site downtime

<!--StartFragment -->As most of you probably noticed Ford-Trucks.com has been down since about 1:00 pm (Eastern Time).

The front end server's power supply bought the farm and the system would no longer power on. After arriving at the data center at 2:00 pm and diagnosing the problem I went searching for a power supply that would work with it. Not an easy task to find one with motherboard connectors long enough to reach diagonally front to back across a long rack server. I finally managed to find one and got back to the data center around 7:00 pm. After getting everything connected and tested followed by an integrity check on the RAID drive array we're back up now. I believe this is the longest down-time we've had in 3+ years.

The system may go down again for a few hours later this weekend. I need to tidy up the cabling.... I left in a hurry as it was getting late.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Have a great weekend.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Postmaster

53fatfndr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.53fatfndr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm glad it's back up, thanks

'53 Ford F-100 Hot Rod

'79 F-350 4X4

'94 F-150 4X4

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...163821.520.390
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
It wasn't a problem for me.
I went to Calgary again today.
Just got back and FTE is up

I know you are only minutes away from being "On The Job" with the fixing crew.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 PM
FTE is my crack

jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
Reminds me of the days we fielded call after call at the local isp waiting for cisco to deliver a blade for a server... She came around 1am.....
Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
Good work Ken, sorry about the long hours and difficulties.

-Thanks!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Posting Guru

ihateminimumwage has a very good reputation on FTE.ihateminimumwage has a very good reputation on FTE.ihateminimumwage has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was wondering what was going on... I spend all my free time at home here (Loser=Yes.) and learn a ton of new stuff everyday...
Thanks for the update Ken. I was actually kind of stressing out about it.

I admit it, I'm hooked!

86 F350 4x4 6.9idi
62 Thunderbird 390
Old 06-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Posting Guru

rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.
It made my work day a little longer lol

It's better to burn out... than to fade away - Joe Elliot
Old 06-23-2007, 01:17 AM

Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
I real glad it`s back on, withdrawal is a terrible thing....
98 Ranger XLT S/cab
65/67 Mustang Fastbacks
Old 06-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
Thanks for never taking a day off.
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Post Fiend

Beast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant future
DOH!

I was hoping for the upgrade. Oh well...soon enough.

Thanks for the "fix" Ken. That's why you're the WebMASTER.

-Matt
Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for the dedication! I also like the Chinese Proverb quoted in your sig. Excellent advice for all, especially warriors.
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Postmaster

FarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud ofFarmForward has much to be proud of
Farm Forward
I was logged in when the system went down... I took it as a sign that maybe I should be doing something that looked a bit more like work, though, and all's well.

Thanks, Ken, for all you do to keep the site up and running. Much appreciated.

FarmForward
Old 06-23-2007, 01:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements