Computer Chips & Tuners  

chip

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 06:19 PM
hardy2001
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chip

how much horsepower will a chip give me and whats the best one to get my truck just came in f-250 v-10

Old 03-23-2001, 01:16 AM
V10man
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
chip

Diablo 30 hp 49 tq
Superchips 25 hp 49 tq (interesting they show 250 horsepower for the V10 It's either 275 or 310 depending on year. If Superchips add 10% then the HP figure should be closer to 30.) The only difference between the 2 that I can tell is that the Diablo fits inside the ECU and the Superchip fits on the outside. Shop around. Prices are all over the place.

look here for info:

www.diablosport.com
www.pdqperformance.com
www.superchips.com

Old 03-23-2001, 09:22 AM
D
Senior User
chip

Just about any chip will add 10% horsepower. The 27 hp figure was taken when the V10 produced 275hp. Your truck produces 310hp so the chip will add 31hp. We discussed the price issue in another thread. You might find chips a bit cheaper, make sure there is a human to answer your questions, not just an order taker. I distribute the chips for Ken's online store here. Our tech line is available 18 hours a day. 90% of our calls are answered by a human with answers, the phone rings in the shop, then in my home, then pages my cell phone. There are few things as frustrating as trying to find out why your truck won't start and no-one to talk to but a machine. I'm constantly amazed at people that spend $35,000.00 for a truck and want the cheapest parts they can find to put into this $35,000.00 truck. So basically, if your price shopping, good luck, if you are interested in SERVICE before, during, and after buying, we would be honored to serve you.
Price is forgotton long after poor service is remembered.
Thanks
Danny

Old 03-23-2001, 04:35 PM
V10man
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
chip

Danny is absolutely right! You have to have service after the sale. How do you know if the person or company you're buying from can offer customer support? Seems to me that you would research everything possible about the product and those folks who sell them. You make phone calls, send e-mails and the newest trend is visit message boards and ask. You ask other members about their experiences and who they would recommend. Sometimes you even get lucky and a dealer for that particular product will even add their 2 cents into the mix. It is a tough decision.

As you may have read in another post, I was asking about the Diablo chip. I have gathered some information from other sources and was looking to gain more information. There isn't a whole lot out there concerning the V10.(obvious here by the lack of V10 owners replying to several posts inquiring about V10 chips) Most posts deal with the V8's and diesels. Part of that information is, of course, price. The prices I received for the Diablo were substantially lower than the Superchip. Being a price conscience consumer, I felt it almost necessary to find out more. Thus the reason for my posts, both here and in other message boards. I'm doing what any logical person would do. As a visiting member, I also feel that I'm doing my part to share what ever info I find to those who ask so we all may gain experience and knowledge. That's why we're all here isn't it? Seems like enthusiasts message boards would be a quiet place if no one did this.

Ken and Danny, I don't know if my previous posts were out of line a bit but I feel that maybe, in some way, you guys felt that they were. I am not a salesman but a Ford fan, looking to learn all I can about our great trucks. I honestly had no intent to create this edgy atmosphere that I feel exists. I apologize to you and the Ford Enthusiasts members. The biggest mistake I ever made was selling my 1973 F350 Camper Special. Someday I will own another older Ford and am looking forward to participating in those message boards. This is truly the best Ford truck site on the net.

Old 03-23-2001, 06:57 PM
hardy2001
New User
chip

The price is not an issue I want something thats dependable and that works and it seems like noone is gonna give me service like you will. I'll be buying my chip here.

Thanks Danny

P.S. I'm a firm believer that you get what u pay for

Mark Hartlage

Old 03-24-2001, 12:04 PM
D
Senior User
chip

V10 and Hardy: Ken and I try to stay up to date and knowledgable to assist folks here. This site is partially funded by the sales from the Online Store. I apologize for coming down so hard on you V10. I just always believed in giving something back. If I go to a car dealer and spend 2 hours of the salesmans time, I feel somewhat obligated, even though he may be a few bucks more expensive, good, knowledgable, help is expensive. I may be quirky, but, thats how I feel. I personally spend about 2 hours daily on several sites answering electronic questions. Again, I maybe quirky, but, I feel that there is too much misinformation being given out, most of it given honestly. I just felt that you were attempting to direct inquiries from the site to shop around. Everyone should feel that they have that right, I agree. But don't ask for the proper answers and advice and then use that knowledge to buy from someone that knows absoloutely nothing about the product or applications. I paid for my education in the automotive electronics field. I feel offended for someone to use me for technical information, then go and buy for the sake of a couple of dollars. Daily, my receptionist answers calls and wastes my time answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and attempting to help folks that bought from someone else and cannot get an answer or assistance. As bad as this is, I now make her look up the records and if I have no record of this individual as a customer, we direct them to either the factory or the person that they purchased from. I feel that this steals from my legitimate customers time. Again, I apologize for coming down so hard, please try to understand my viewpoint. I just feel that this is one of the best automotive sites on the web, and will do my best to keep it rolling.
Thanks
Danny

Old 04-18-2001, 11:11 PM
rdeat183
New User
chip

I agree that service is important. I recently added a Banks Powerpack and a Vortech SC. Banks has worse customer service than 7/11. Vortech isn't too far behind. Vortech gives you a coupon for a Superchip with a 2 day turnaround on your computer.
What I got back was a stock program Diablo for the SC in TWO WEEKS. Vortech said to remove the top speed and rev limit would be a custom program but they wouldn't do it. So now I have to spend another $500.00 for a Superchip to get what Diablo should have given me to begin with. This truck is a screamin' mimi to 95mph then coughs and sputters when the top end limiter kicks in.
My Vortech Dealer was helpful but unable to correct a problem with Banks or Vortech. They both seem to be independent as he--.

2000 Ford F250SD,EC,LB,V10,Banks Exhaust, Vortech V-2 SC.

P.S. I can tell you from first hand experience that Diablo and Superchips are both a waste of money compared to Hypertech. The ONLY reason I'll buy the Superchip is because they seem to be the only ones able or willing to remove the rev limits.

Old 04-22-2001, 11:18 PM
hotrodford_88
Posting Guru
chip