Computer Chips & Tuners  

I may need a chip, Who can help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 05:16 PM
HippieCustoms
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased a customed burned chip for my truck. The first one they sent me diddn't have all the parameters in it that I and the sales person discussed, so they burned me another. Another two weeks went by and I received #2. Well that one wouldn't work at all. The truck would start but Idle like a top fuel dragster rpms waving from 400 to 2000 violently. The check engine light was flickering on and off and there was a terrible sucking sound coming from the intake. So thinking I did somthing wrong I pulled that chip and reinstalled the 1st. It ran fine except for the few parameters. So I reinstalled the second and it di the same thing. I called the company and they said " Well we are not sure why that happened, we'll send you another." So it is on the way and I am debating what to do if it is wrong also. I think if it is I need to talk to another company, and get my money back from the first. Any input would be appreciated.

1995 f-150 x-cab 4x4. 5.0 with gt40p heads,crane compucam 2030 with matching springs and roller rockers. K&N filter, power pullies,Mac equal length shorty's,Flowmaster 3" in 2, 2 1/2" out with rear cat removed. 4.56 geared with 36" super swampers. 6" sups, 3" body lift.

Old 07-25-2001, 09:59 PM
D
Senior User

You didn't say what manufacturer you were dealing with. If the "Custom Program Form" was properly filled out by you, the chip should, repeat...should , if properly programmed, operate your truck. You have narrowed the probable cause of the idle
problem. If the proper forms were sent to the programmer, custom programming is not that difficult. A bit time consuming, but, not difficult. It sounds like whoever you bought from is trying to work with you to get the problem resolved. I would give them another chance, the only thing that you have to lose is a bit of time.
Thanks
Danny
2001 Cobra-Lazer Red
3:73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter
DiabloSport Chipped

Old 07-26-2001, 05:22 PM
HippieCustoms
Senior User

I do feel like I am being worked with, but they never sent me a form to fill out. I wrote on a fax sheet all of my mods, and what I wanted my rev limit to be set to. I also included my phone number and the comment that if there were any questions at all, call me. I have never done this before so the error may be on my part. Maybe I didn't give enough or the correct info, but they never asked for any more. I hope this next one works for me I have been wanting to get the full potential out of the mods I've made, and have not been able to yet. I didn't list the name of the company out of respect to them. They don't deserve me taking anything away from them yet. I just put out this note to see what others thought. Thanks for the input. I'll let Ya'll know how it works out.

1995 f-150 x-cab 4x4. 5.0 with gt40p heads,crane compucam 2030 with matching springs and roller rockers. K&N filter, power pullies,Mac equal length shorty's,Flowmaster 3" in 2, 2 1/2" out with rear cat removed. 4.56 geared with 36" super swampers. 6" sups, 3" body lift.

Old 07-27-2001, 07:37 AM
D
Senior User

Custom programming is a touchy procedure. You are dealing with a one-of-a-kind situation. No two vehicles are usually modded the same. We have a VERY detailed Custom Program sheet that must be completely filled out and signed before we start any custom programming. Depending on which company you prefer, Superchips or Diablo, each company has their own detailed sheet for you to fill out.

Thanks
Danny
2001 Cobra-Lazer Red
3:73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter
DiabloSport Chipped

Old 07-27-2001, 02:51 PM
D
Senior User