Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
New User

rflemming is starting off with a positive reputation.
home heating oil uses

Can I use home heating oil in my diesel? Some guys are telling me I can with no problems. Just recently converted my home to nat. gas and have a tank with about 100 gallons of oil in it. Hate to just get rid of it. Thoughts?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Postmaster

blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.
No you cannot, this is not your grandfathers diesel engine, it has emissions equipment on it among other things.

06 F350 CC SB 6.0 4x4, Suburban Ford (Thanks Ernie )
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Got Diesel?

Beachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to all
An oil burner is NOT and oil burner....

Home heating oil is made differently (or can be) from on-road diesel fuel.

The sulfur content can, and does, vary and certain additives in "on-road" fuel are not in home heating fuel.

And before anyone else asks... no... you can not add 2-stroke oil to ones fuel for lubricity!!!

Wait buy a $40,000+ truck and run "non-approved" fuel through it.
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Bilstein Shocks & Steering Stabilizer
BriteBox Headlight Module / Marinco AC Block Heater Plug
Old 06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
New User

rflemming is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks guys I will be sure NOT to put it in my truck!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Post Fiend

350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future350steve has a brilliant future
most home heating fuels in NJ have lard,higher levels of sulfer.Added into it by the oil co.I know i heat my house with it. also im in NJ.

what to do with old oil/.sludge have a waste oil co take it away

JOIN THE NEW JERSEY CHAPTER CLICK HERE

Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
How's about using 3 or 4 gallons of the heating oil mixed with a full tank of diesel? It seems that diluted like that it wouldn't hurt - or would it? The guy probably just wants to get rid of the left over oil. This is a question, not an answer.

Bill
Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Postmaster

blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds
How's about using 3 or 4 gallons of the heating oil mixed with a full tank of diesel? It seems that diluted like that it wouldn't hurt - or would it? The guy probably just wants to get rid of the left over oil. This is a question, not an answer.

Bill
Not in an EGR controlled motor with a VGT turbo, you are just asking for problems. Call the oil recycling companies and let them come and get it.

“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Elder User

F250tuff is starting off with a positive reputation.
The diluted stuff may burn, but it is still going through your very sensitive (and expensive) injectors.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Posting Guru

m350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am thinking you could definetly find some one to take the oil,,probobly buy it from you, I would never call a waste oil company to get it out of there,,,that is foolish,,and costly,,,not a big deal to pump it out of your 275 gallon tank,(most common) if one is careful. Damn if I lived near ya,,I would make a deal on it ! Almost time to buy some more of that Red Gold !!

04' Explorer NBX, 4.6, auto, 3:73 LS

83' F-700 370-4V Holley 600 5-sp. 12' Dump
Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Posting Guru

wiingnut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I wouldn't do it.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
what does RTFM mean? Read the friggin' manual?
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8chumley
what does RTFM mean? Read the friggin' manual?
Yes it does

Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Thats funny! Wow, I made it to Senior user!
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 06-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Senior User

salty is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know many people that run home heating fuel in both new and older dodge ram diesels as well as 2006 model F-350's with no problems. They all have up to 100K miles on them also.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior User

misterfisher is starting off with a positive reputation.
44,000 on running it, no problem. The guy I get it from removes heating oil tanks, in my neck of the woods, the stuff is not dyed. He has 400,000+ on his E350 running it.
DP Flip Chip
*&!@# "One-Wheel Squeal" Rear-End
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
2006, 60, diesel, engine, f250, f350, ford, heating, home, hurt, oil, putting, run, truck