North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

need some recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some recommendations

i'm thinking about tying the knot. I've been with my g/f for 5 years, and we've lived together for about a year and a half. We've been through thick and thin together and some how managed to get out of it together. So where around burlington, greensboro, durham are some good jewelry stores?? I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but she wants atleast 1 karat(thats what she told me) Maybe somewhere where they can/will finance. or a jeweler going out of business?? She already has a 1/4 carat ring with 14 karat gold band. I'm gonna try and sale it or trade for another one. So guys help me out!! Thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Try Friedmans Jewelery or come to Lexington to Hayes Jewelers

Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
DONT DO IT! I was dating a girl for 5 years and then out of the blue it was over... and i had engaged a year before. we broke up 4 monthes from the scheduled "i-do" date lol

but no seriously, it was a good thing - i've got a girl now that has more in common with me and we get along better. and i've been thinking the same... just got one more credit card i want to pay off before i go down that road again.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
are there not alot of married guys around here??? I was thinking i was gonna find out about little holes in the walls that had some great deals on diamonds.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Xyzzy
Senior User
Step 1: Don't get married. There is no financial incentive for it, and you can be just as happy living in sin.

However, if she or her family insists, get married but don't buy the ring. I bought my wife one but once we learned about the diamond cartel and the artificial limited availability of diamonds, which drives the prices up, plus the horrible working conditions diamond workers have to endure, she took it off and never wore it again.

Take the money and buy something for the truck. If she loves you she'll still marry you. If she gets all pissy about it, move on.

I'm serious.

(If she absolutely has to have a ring, I have 2 words for you: Cubic Zicronia!)

I am married, for 13 years. Everything is peachy here. Take the reigns, take control and enjoy the ride.

If you're lucky, her family doesn't live close.

Edit: Jesus man! I just reread you post. Don't finance a freaking ring! Financing is for trucks, not worthless pieces of carbon.

Edit2: A very high quality 1/4 carat smokes a cheap 1 carat, and costs the same. (But don't do it man!)

Last edited by Xyzzy; 06-17-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:45 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Step 1: Don't get married. There is no financial incentive for it, and you can be just as happy living in sin.
I dont want to still live in Sin. You ever read the Book of Revelations?? I'm trying to go to Heaven when i leave this earth. I know the world is full of Sin and u have to ask for forgiveness for it but, If u keep doing it over and over God will not forgive you for it. (Atleast thats what i believe)

I already bought Cubic Zicronia. I went to Kmart and bought one. Spent 75 bux on it. She was happy till we went to the jewelry store and found out the diamond wasnt real. I also heard of a new "diamond" they have out now that tests real on a tester and looks real, but when u have it appraised its fake.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:37 AM
CaptGuz
Elder User
Originally Posted by dixiemudder04
but, If u keep doing it over and over God will not forgive you for it. (Atleast thats what i believe)
not to start a religious debate or anything, and i commend you on your being a christian, i certainly am... but you should re-read parts of the bible... God will forgive you 99 times over and over and over again ... it takes Sacrifice, Forgiveness of Others, Confession and Repentence... but "Therefore this is what the Lord says, 'If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me.'" (Jeremiah 15:19a)

again not startin a biblical debate or anything - just saying the bible says that just because you screw up a few times because you're human, God isn't going to send ya to hell

and i'm buying a diamond for mine also - its not the financial part that i'm worried about - i want her to see that im serious about her and to show her that i want to give her a ring - some people forget the symbolism in life.

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 06-20-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Removed Hyperlink(addy) to the religous website from "Jeremiah 15:19a"
Old 06-19-2007, 06:03 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
so u're saying that u can sin all u want and if u ask for forgiveness he will forgive??

Old 06-19-2007, 01:26 PM
skymonkey
Senior User
Is there a real reason she wants 1 karat? I bought my wife a wedding ring and withing 4 years she was wanting another. But We were also talking about upgrading at our 5 year mark but the sale was to good to pass up. If all she wants to do is show off a ring then I would say no lets be reasonable. Do you really want to take a 5000-10000 dollar ring to work everyday just to scratch the hell out of it. That is what i would ask myself before you put that much on your credit, also if things didn't work out (god forbid) and she leaves you there are no real way to know if you would get it back or not. Just my 2 cents worth. Been married for 5 years now

Old 06-19-2007, 03:23 PM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
i dont know y she wants a 1 karat. i think i talked her into going to the pawn shop and getting one. but im going to make them test it and make sure its real.. shes been looking at the bridal sets. the one she showed me is 1500 bux.. we have a jeweler around here that has everything 75% off because they are going out of business.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:56 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
Originally Posted by dixiemudder04
so u're saying that u can sin all u want and if u ask for forgiveness he will forgive??
in a simple answer, yes. that is what the bible says and also what every priest i know has ever said. however, i dont plan on testing that theory out either

Good luck with your engagement and all... seriously. My girlfriend has told me that she doesn't care if she gets a ring if i propose, which to me is more of a reason to get her one because with that statement, i know her intent isn't anything dishonest. she'll get one, just not sure when. let us know what you find.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Xyzzy
Senior User
What happened in the story of the Prodigal Son?

I always had a problem with that parable.

If Hitler repented right before he committed suicide, and if he wasn't Catholic I guess, he would go to Heaven.

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 06-20-2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Removed the "Prodigal Son" religous related link (wilkipedia)
Old 06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
CaptGuz
Elder User
yea i think the repentence has to be genuine but you'll have to ask God yourself... i'm tryin to live right but these #@$)*@#% i work with are making it really hard today.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 AM
dixiemudder04
Elder User
i've always been told that if u commit suicide u were going to hell. i'll have to look it up and find the scripture. but thats what ive been told. No matter if u ask for forgiveness. Thats like asking for forgiveness and then killing some one. I did read that thats 1 of the commandments. Thou shall not commit murder..

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
CaptGuz
Elder User
well yea you're not supposed to break the 10 commandments, but the other stuff is what you can repent for. but, how are you going to repent after you kill yourself? lol

Quick Reply: need some recommendations