2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding the right Tonneau cover.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Brfitz45
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help finding the right Tonneau cover.

I just bought a 2007 F-150 Supercrew with the styleside 5 1/2' box. I have been searching for a soft roll up cover and my budget is about $350. I need something that conceals my gear and is also tight fitting and easily accessible. (and looks good!) I have been looking at the Truxedo Truxsport and the Lo Pro. Other than the price, what are the major differences? Extang has also caught my eye. I would also appreciate any feedback on the install. Thanks.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE. I personally love my Extang Fulltilt. It provides the best attributes of soft top, with the best of a hard top. It will roll up like any soft tonneau cover, but also flips up, and can be removed in a matter of seconds. I have a few shots of it in my gallery (click my username to find it). Good luck with your search.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Access Roll-Up Cover
Former Vendor
Smile ACI Vanish Roll-Up Cover: Low Profile, Low Price

You should consider a VANISH™ Roll-Up Cover from Agri-Cover, Inc. (ACI).

The Vanish™ Cover offers the best of both worlds, in my opinion.
An ultra sleek low-profile appearance combined with a practical tonneau that rolls up out of the way and is affordable.
Your gear will be protected with our side sealing system that's equipped with a superior Velcro® hook & loop system. A continuous high strength seal runs the full length of the truck box keeping out wind, rain and dirt. It easily disengages when opening the cover, allowing for a simple one person operation. This practical design is ideal for all weather conditions. You can check it out at vanishcover.com.
Don't forget...ACI is running a discount on all our tonneau covers for FTE forum members until July 31st, 2007. Get 10% off by ordering through our customer service department. See more details below.

Thank you for considering an ACI Soft Roll-Up Cover!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 AM
bwep
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I put a vote in for Access. I've had one for the past 3 years still looks brand new. No stretch,fading,or rips. Also the velcro still works great.Hope that helps BWEP.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
99Xplr
Senior User
I actually went with the snapless Ford cover when I bought my 05 Screw. It was in that price range you speak of and works great. I have not had any problems with water getting in the bed and it looks great. I'm actually on my 2nd cover, but not because of anything I did. My neighbor had and 01 F150 that decided to burn up... you know the cruise control switch problem... well, after a year, the new cover looks as good as the day it came out of the box.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
kellie_truxedo
Senior User
Congratulations on your new pickup! You can't go wrong with the Truxedo Lo Profile QT cover. It is a premium cover with a life time warranty and the exclusive automatic tension control. The 80 lb spring plunger will keep constant pressure on the front header so your cover stays tight no matter what the temperature is. With the new QT clamps installation takes less than 15 minutes. The Lo Profile is our most popular cover and the one that I have on my own truck - and I love it!

If price is an issue than the Truxport is a great option. It mounts on top of the pickup bed instead of on the inside and it has manual tension control. It has a five-year warranty. It's a roll-up cover at a snap cover price. Both covers have weather seal around all the edges of the cover. There is a weather strip on the front and rear headers as well as along the entire length of the rails. They both have the same heavy duty vinyl material and roll up in seconds.

We are running a rebate special for FTE members only, so now is a great time to make your purchase.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Brfitz45
New User
Thanks Kellie,
I think I'm going to go with the truxport. How do I find out more information about the rebate?

Last edited by Brfitz45; 06-23-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
YIKES! Access vs. Truxedo

Old 06-26-2007, 08:49 AM
sixt5
Freshman User
This is the A.R.E. tonneau cover that I had on my '04 STX. I have one ordered for my new '07 XLT Screw. It's the best built bed cover I've seen.