Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Bentley Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Bentley Car Show

My friend Larry Scott, hosts a pretty nice car show in burton michigan every year for Mid Michigan Mopar. There is a truck class for the show, and that means were all elligibal. There are some awsome cars that show up, and lots of nice return people every year.

Its august 26th at Bentley High School in Burton MI, which is just east of flint on 69/belsay road.
I occasionally help out with this show. Its a mopar funded event, so there will be some new dotches there on display, and lots of mopar muscle, and maybe you'll even see a shelby!!

But, if your into the awards thing, there rarely are any trucks ever entered. Food and all that jazz, and some 60's and 70's tunes to liven up the era.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Nobody seemed to visit this post.
Which makes me sad.

This would be a good spot for us all to get together and hang out. There is food, which, last i remember, sponsors the DARE program. Officer Sorenson used to do it, i'm unsure if he still does.

If you want to bring your car or truck, it is open to anyone.

Its put on by 3ME, mid michigan mopar. and i'm friends with the president. There are rarely any trucks at this outing, so showing up in your nice 70's ford would be tottaly awsome!!!!!!

Basically a cool event we can all get together at and have something to do without a whole lot of money. Which, we currently have no budget, and me being super broke, doesn't help us any.
We maybe fix that sometime soon.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:56 PM
2000fordpsd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is somewhat sad that there was'nt at least a response. There are 4,868 members in the Michigan chapter so there has to be a way to get $$ together to have an event of our own. I suggest that we have a fund raiser internally through the members. Is there a treasurer for the group? If not, we need one. If it is permissable by FTE to have a type of due set up for events then, I feel that should be the way for providing the necessary monies. If we set up a "first Annual Event" the it could be built upon for the next years. With a few volinteers it would not be that difficult to have a show of our own with the usual trophies and whatever else could be invented. The first step is to have a few people commit to make it happen, from there it will all come together. Summer is fading fast, it just takes one step forward!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
2000fordpsd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another way to make some cash, instead of a due type thing, would be to get all the active members to buy an FTE Michigan Chapter t shirt. I think, from reading through the guidlines that they will provide the product to sell. They will also provide the necessary server space for a website which I would be more than happy to build and maintain if we can get things off the ground. Product can also be sold at the first event to build up some funds.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
There are some "rules" we have to go by. We cannot ask our members for money like that. If we do have a chapter fund, it wont be through solicitation of members for money. If we wish to have an event, and sponsors will not sponsor us, then we will have to out of pocket.
Any funds left over, will be immediatly donated to the club, for future events.

I do not believe we are allowed to use FTE as a basis for profitiering with a good idea like a shirt. If that is something you wish to make on your own, and pass out to members, that is something acceptibal from my understanding.

There is a lot of effort that goes into a car show, way more then I wish to under take at this time. It's not a bad idea at all. But there are more events we can attend easily and not be held responsable for, and have fun as a group, instead of haveing all the presure put upon us.