Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Junior User

griz4718 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Disable PATS??

I was wondering if there is any way to totally disable the pats system on the 2003 Ranger? I just picture this thing costing me a tow job to a stealership to get it fixed. Anyone ever hear of this being done before???

Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Freshman User

towingparts32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I know that you cannot just get rid of the pats system. Yes it will cause your truck not to start. And mine did go out. BUT my 03 was left in a ditch full of water for over 48 hours. I had to get one from my local dealer. It only cost me like $60 for a new "chip". The hardest thing to do was to remove the ignition switch to install it. I think all in all it took me like 2 hours to replace and that included driving over to Ford to pick up the part. And we all know how they just Jump to their feet to help someone at the window. True working time I think it was a little over an hour job.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Elder User

rubydist is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You can turn off the PATS if you have a custom program done for the ecu - there is a flag in the software that says to use or not use the PATS. Talk to bamachips.com if you really want to go there - you can get a better tune and improve performance and mileage while you are at it.
94 SHO performance white/gray, atx
93 SHO royal blue/gray, atx
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
chip, disable, disabling, ecu, f150, ford, ii, jba, pats, pickup, procedures, ranger, remove, removing, system, systems