3.0L Powerstroke Diesel Discuss the forthcoming 3.0L V6 Ford diesel in the F150

New Lawsuit Involving F-150 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:33 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by luthrobediesel
what all kind of problems did the 6.0 have i seem to remember flames coming out of tail pipes.
You mean the 6.4 don't you?

Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 AM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
I dream of the day when i could buy a Ford truck with a Cat engine in it.... even a Detriot wouldnt be bad. IMO one problem with new engines is just as stated above. "let the engine builders build the engines, and the truck builders build the trucks" not buy an engine and mess with it. Dodge/Cummins is having an issue with this atm. And very obviously, so is Ford/ International

Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
deereman4020
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question John Deere KICKS A$$

Originally Posted by Passin Thru
Ya, I ran a CAT 3406 E for 4 years and the only problem we had was an injector stuck for some reason and they fixed it free. Id love to bolt a 4 cyl CAT up in my pickup. Bet it would run, those John Deerre engines do also.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John.
are you dissing John Deere diesel engines? They set the standard for farm equipment engines. i take bad words on John Deere PERSONALY

Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by deereman4020
are you dissing John Deere diesel engines? They set the standard for farm equipment engines. i take bad words on John Deere PERSONALY
John Deere is over priced and over rated...You can get much better a Deere...

Tim

Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by deereman4020
Just asking, but doesn't Yanmar make the diesel engines in many John Deere tractors?

Old 05-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by KrenzyRyan
Honeywell Is moving alot of their hardware (outsourcing) to Chihuahua - and so far none of it is coming back good...
A lot of companies, in a lot of industries, turn to outsourcing stuff, and it always has the same results. It's puzzling, really, you can read about just about every company that has outsourced stuff and the problems they faced... yet every company out there thinks they'll be the one company who's gonna get the same quality and save costs...

oh well... at least back in the day, the mexican blocks for the 302 were actually stronger than the blocks made here. so lets hope they get these motors right too? :-)

Old 05-25-2008, 07:07 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by smokewagun
Just asking, but doesn't Yanmar make the diesel engines in many John Deere tractors?
Yes in the compact utility tractors Yanmar does make the engines in those. Nice little engines for a small package, however, you get into the big boy tractors those engines are made by Deere.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:13 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
John Deere is over priced and over rated...You can get much better a Deere...

Tim
Not really, atleast not in the other ones that I have had experiance with compared to my friends. I have one tractor that was built in 86, the hourmeter has rolled over just about 3 times now and there has not been one rebuild on the engine(the techs are just waiting though, they thought they would have had to do it this past fall, but no), my friend had a Kubota(which has the 2nd biggest presence in this area) and has had multiple problems with and not to mention on their tractors(not just the mowers, but the tractors as well) you have rubber ignitions for the keys, meaning that rubber over time will wear away and you can start that tractor with your house key eventually, not a good design. Now on their mowers, Deere does that(I think it's just an industry standard) but for their tractors they do not.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by tex25025
my friend had a Kubota(which has the 2nd biggest presence in this area) and has had multiple problems with and not to mention on their tractors(not just the mowers, but the tractors as well)
I wouldn't take a Kubota if it was given to me.

I'm not saying that Deeres' aren't good...They just cost too much up front, and parts are a lot higher than other makes.

You say your hour meter has rolled over 3 times now...That's what, over 30,000 hours...I can't say that I've seen one with that many hours on it.

Tim

Old 05-25-2008, 08:11 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing

You say your hour meter has rolled over 3 times now...That's what, over 30,000 hours...I can't say that I've seen one with that many hours on it.

Tim
Almost 3 times. The bulk of that was because it was used on a big farm and they used that poor little thing for everything. In actuality it was a little small for what they needed(which I'm sure is how I got it), but the local JD dealership has all the paper work on it, because I couldn't believe that either. Everything still tests good though.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
poppie
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
Yes in the compact utility tractors Yanmar does make the engines in those. Nice little engines for a small package, however, you get into the big boy tractors those engines are made by Deere.
-------------- An fyi tex, in compact tractor's yanmar make's the whole tractor,not just the engine!!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 09:37 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by poppie
-------------- An fyi tex, in compact tractor's yanmar make's the whole tractor,not just the engine!!!!
Starting in the 90s I believe, earlier ones like the 650 it was just the engine.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
I haven't read the whole thread so i'm sorry if any one has said this all ready.
But who cares about Diesel trucks now any ways..
Diesel is all ready 5 bucks a gal here, how much is it going to be around the time they want this truck to come out 10 12 higher? Will any one even buy them?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

You know who cares about diesels? People that understand how much more fuel efficient a diesel is as well as people that understand it's a lot easier to run on biodiesel then it is to run on any type of bio gas such as ethanol. Example my mom runs a VW jetta TDI diesel she complained when it was only getting 54MPG running 65-70mph over mountains and contrast that to the wonderful hybrids that when operated within particular parameters adn keeping the speeds down MIGHT see 50mpg (or compared to the gas operated version of the same care that gets 30mpg) so yes diesel is higher but done properly diesel would have to be almost double the cost of gas for it to NOT be a wash let alone the fact that diesel powered vehicles even without epa mandated pollution controls are cleaner then even current gassers, and they can get the fuel economy and still have good power as well as typically they last much longer.

So yeah I can't see why anyone would want an engine that is 20-45% more efficient, 80% cleaner, over double the torque, usually 25% more power for the size and typically last 2-300% as long.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:46 AM
TheNomad
Elder User
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
You know who cares about diesels? People that understand how much more fuel efficient a diesel is as well as people that understand it's a lot easier to run on biodiesel then it is to run on any type of bio gas such as ethanol. Example my mom runs a VW jetta TDI diesel she complained when it was only getting 54MPG running 65-70mph over mountains and contrast that to the wonderful hybrids that when operated within particular parameters adn keeping the speeds down MIGHT see 50mpg (or compared to the gas operated version of the same care that gets 30mpg) so yes diesel is higher but done properly diesel would have to be almost double the cost of gas for it to NOT be a wash let alone the fact that diesel powered vehicles even without epa mandated pollution controls are cleaner then even current gassers, and they can get the fuel economy and still have good power as well as typically they last much longer.

So yeah I can't see why anyone would want an engine that is 20-45% more efficient, 80% cleaner, over double the torque, usually 25% more power for the size and typically last 2-300% as long.
Thats awesome her VW gets 54mpg over mountains i'm happy thats fantastic. Her VW isn't a Truck! and where in the US can you find any of those things? Sure as heck can't find them here in Texas or 90% of the US for that matter.
They were going to build a huge E85 plant near the sate line here but the bottom dropped out of if.
Fuel cells are awesome but who cares only the rich will be able to afford a 80,000+ dollar grocery getter So ya who cares.
A Hydro conversion runs around 100grand and thats not counting the car/truck So ya Who cares.
And if you can afford to drop a months salary for a tank of fossil/Bio fuel for your Diesel that is 20-45% more efficient, 80% cleaner, over double the torque, usually 25% more power for the size and typically last 2-300% as long
then more power you to bud.
The only truth is, is that the end of the truck, SUV and large American car for the average American Joe/Sue is drawing near. So ya who cares. Just enjoy it before the only thing with wheels that a lot of us will be in is a buss.

Quick Reply: New Lawsuit Involving F-150 Diesel