Computer Chips & Tuners  

need some know hows

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
extradumb
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some know hows

Here it is real quick, I bought a truck, chipped, can't find chip, can't pass emissions, truck gets flashed, so now i'm looking to avoid that whole pig face of a mess for next year and buy a programable chip.

there are so many and I'm not real familair with this so.... If any of you can put your 2 cents in it would be greatly appriacted

Its a 2001 Ford F350

Thanks
Christoph G.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
By chipped and can't find it, I assume you mean it was reprogrammed. If your asking which is the best you will hear alot of BS answers shortly, I will say there is no best, just best for you.

I love my sniper special forces

FTE Staff: Edited, see site terms. <!-- I sell a lot of superchips and edge. -->

Superchips and Edge have earned my respect, not only for supporting thier retailers but for how well they work in the aftermarket. These are just three option and my favorites.

Last edited by FTE Ken; 06-12-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM
sysman_rick
Senior User
There are pros & cons to all the tuners. Do your homework. I chose Edge because I wanted the gauge functions,plus a pod for the Edge.
Custom tuning options preclude using the Edge.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:44 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Saw them, and I still like Superchips and Edge products especially sence I have sold a bunch of them. But I quess the caveat they want is, no I don't sell on the internet so I am not a threat to thier paying vendors.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
extradumb
New User
Thanks much you fellers,

Ya my truck did get the re program and now its been programed and now its feelin a little under the weather... its a sad sad truck

I know everyone is going to have the differnt opinion on who what why when and where is the best

I just need to know what I need past all the sales mumbo jumbo
do I need a $50 or do I need $1,000.00

Do they all basically do the same thing what should I be looking for?

Thanks
Christoph G

Old 06-12-2007, 04:36 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Key thing I look for is will they do tire and gear changes. This should be your first descriminator, after that, you can start looking at power settings, trans settings and special features. Remember, that dyno charts can be just as tweaked as the articles in the paper. Tempature, humidity, engine temp and dyno can cause fluctuations in power out put. Look to spend between $400 and $800 depending on what options you prefer, flash programmer or flash programmer with guage.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
jwhitetail
Posting Guru
I have a hypertech 3 stage does tire height trans shift firmness it's great does what it say's i just don't use it anymore like to sell it.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Jody Tipton at DP Tuners seems to get a lot of respect in the SuperDuty forums. I've read nothing negative...EVER... from anyone who has bought one of his chips. My mind is made up to go with him when I get mine, and I'm going to get the multi-position "flip-chip" when I do (you can change programs on the fly).