Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior User

gungho351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
stumbling when on propane

I've got my 73' ford with a 390 running on duel fuel, propane and gas. It runs great on gas, but when you switch it to propane, it stumbles. It will only do it right off idle while under a load. It acts like it is running out of fuel, or not gettng enough fuel. It runs great at every other rpm. I just rebuilt the mixer and its got a good regulator on it. I've tried adjusting timing, and the power valve, and i've messed with the idle mixture, but nothing helps, maybe someone on here has an idea what is going on with it. Its got an Impco model E rugulator and Impco mixer.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Elder User

gasman6674 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Is it a Imperial 300? Or is a imperial 300 50/70 (it will be marked in the top cover) If its a plain ole 300 it isnt really big enough for that 390. But either way ther is a load screw in the side of the elbow try it full rich and see if that helps. Also make sure you do not have any air leaks like a missing gasket between the carb and adaptor or a cracked hose
2012 Escape Ltd FWD,2004 Escape Ltd FWD,2012 Ridgeline by Yellowstone Fifth Wheel, (1996 F350 7.3L CCLB DRWFor Sale(2005 Explorer Sport Trac 2WD SOLD)
Old 06-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage

Tags
300, adjustment, buy, carburetor, idle, imperial, mixer, propane, regulator, screw