Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Senior User

starweb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wtb: 73-79 Ford P/u Bed Trailer

looking for a 1973-1979 ford p/u bed trailer. full size, 8ft. with tailgate & 5 on 5 and 1/2 inch bolt pattern. anywhere in and around the seattle, wa. area. road worthy and licensed.
thanx
Old 06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the chapter starweb.

Not a lot of Seattleites here, best to look in your local classifieds.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Senior User

thanx, and yes i know. i have been keeping an eye on craigslist. i actually found one yesterday but, the conditon did not fit the price. seems like there is a whole nest of 73-79's in the marysville area but, no trailers.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
I almost made one up, but passed on that. Find a truck, I'll make a trailer out of it for ya. I have a 2" hitch with surge brakes also-
Old 06-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Senior User

thanx for th offer but, i do not think it would be cost effective. especially considering where i live as to where you live. holy mackerel!!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
I've been up that way a time or two, last time was for a pair of Subaru seats and some other odds and ends. It's a haul, I'll agree.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

You could always get this and throw a truck bed on it:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/zip/349353745.html
Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
...I have a 2" hitch with surge brakes also-
Sori to go OT starweb, but I'm rebuilding a trailer tongue - I'd rather have a 2 5/16" hitch, but if it's a working unit what would you sell that 2" with surge brake for?

And need a tall heavy post jack for the tongue too.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Probably not much- it's on my neighbors trailer that I'm scrapping out. It's an a-frame mount, and somewhere around 2K capacity, since it's a small trailer.
I have a ~4K one I am going to be pulling off my trailer to replace with a 2 5/16, it's also an a-frame mount, but no surge brakes.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Posting Guru

Thanks for that info, mine's an A-frame mount too and will pull a total 4-ton load, surge brake currently needed. Though I like electric better and may swap instead.

Last edited by RexB; 06-12-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

It's worth it for electrics- I got a Kelsey controller off Craigslist, it's a bit sensitive since the truck nosedives a lot when hitting the brakes, but it works quite well. Also nice when backing a loaded trailer downhill on soft dirt, you actually have brakes!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior User

well, i got a free 67-72 ford bed trailer. all i had to do was empty the junk in it at the dump.problem is the bed is shot. so, i am looking for a 67-72 bed. or if someone knows for sure will a 73-79 bed fit on a 67-72 frame??
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'll make ya deal there starweb, My parents live there in podunkville(port orchard), Dad works here in auburn, I live in auburn, I'm working on Whidbey. Do ya see where I'm going with this?

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

I have a solid 72 bed sitting on my 4x4 that is going to be going away, but it needs some bodywork on the side- it has a dent and tear on the driver's side, you can see the pics in my gallery. If you want it (the bed) you can have it.
A later bed will physically fit, but bolting it up might be an issue, since the 67-72 frame is about 2" narrower.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Senior User

ok, so, i got the old bed off and dropped it at the recycling. i have a line on a bed in bonney lake. plan on going there on the 4th. if not i will hit up FORD_SIX for his. next i want to find 2 wheels like i have on my truck. looks like i need to get permission to post attachments. how do i get permission??
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter

Tags
1979, explorer, ford, pu